Library issue....how to update?

For soem reason the library I have for my MAC 550s Extended won't spin the 2nd Gobo wheel. I was wondering if I update to a library with this implemented, will it screw up the programming I already have?
Parents
  • Inaki,

To answer your original question, changing a library should only cause problems with existing programming if the new library *removes* functions or features that had been used.

When we store cues on the Wholehog 3, we store the real-world values that are used when programming. This means that if you change the slot name of one of your gobos, any time the old slot had been programmed, cues will not appear to have data because the slot stored in the cue is no longer present.

This also means that when we update libraries or change fixture types, we don't have to change any of the data in the cues. During playback, we determine which cue data applies to the new fixture type and that data gets used.

Since no cue data gets changed, if you have problems after the library update, you should be able to revert to the old library and return to where you were previously.

I hope this helps.
  • Inaki,

To answer your original question, changing a library should only cause problems with existing programming if the new library *removes* functions or features that had been used.

When we store cues on the Wholehog 3, we store the real-world values that are used when programming. This means that if you change the slot name of one of your gobos, any time the old slot had been programmed, cues will not appear to have data because the slot stored in the cue is no longer present.

This also means that when we update libraries or change fixture types, we don't have to change any of the data in the cues. During playback, we determine which cue data applies to the new fixture type and that data gets used.

Since no cue data gets changed, if you have problems after the library update, you should be able to revert to the old library and return to where you were previously.

I hope this helps.
Children
No Data
Related