Cloning for Dummies

Hello All,

New to this I may be, however was pretty good at cloning on Hog II.

Hog III now and I can't do it with the 'copy to' syntax.

I can 'copy to' fixtures selected in the programmer to a range of fixtures that I type on the keyboard.

However why can't I just press the group button for the fixtures i want to 'copy to'? ie is there a better syntax than [Group] 'copy to' [new group]?

If I do that the console wants to create loads more groups, for some bonkers reason. well probably a great reason but i don't know what it is...
Parents
  • [quote=quinn][Group] 'copy to' [Fixture] [new group] does *NOT* result in a successful clone. (as of 1618)

selection order is totally and completely disregarded in this "Fixture Group Clone" operation.

and it hasn't been fixed in any of the 800 or so builds we've seen over the last two years.

Um, we must be talking about different things here because I see it differently as I enter it in here. And it works just fine in relation to desk channels.

-I made two groups of 5 desk channels each.
    -Put the channels in the first group at different levels.
    -Type into programmer - GROUP 1 COPY FIXTURE GROUP 2 ENTER, bam. works fine.

Sooo, what are you talking about?
  • [quote=quinn][Group] 'copy to' [Fixture] [new group] does *NOT* result in a successful clone. (as of 1618)

selection order is totally and completely disregarded in this "Fixture Group Clone" operation.

and it hasn't been fixed in any of the 800 or so builds we've seen over the last two years.

Um, we must be talking about different things here because I see it differently as I enter it in here. And it works just fine in relation to desk channels.

-I made two groups of 5 desk channels each.
    -Put the channels in the first group at different levels.
    -Type into programmer - GROUP 1 COPY FIXTURE GROUP 2 ENTER, bam. works fine.

Sooo, what are you talking about?
Children
No Data
Related