Cloning for Dummies

Hello All,

New to this I may be, however was pretty good at cloning on Hog II.

Hog III now and I can't do it with the 'copy to' syntax.

I can 'copy to' fixtures selected in the programmer to a range of fixtures that I type on the keyboard.

However why can't I just press the group button for the fixtures i want to 'copy to'? ie is there a better syntax than [Group] 'copy to' [new group]?

If I do that the console wants to create loads more groups, for some bonkers reason. well probably a great reason but i don't know what it is...
Parents
  • [quote=cormacjack]
    551 Thru 553 Copy FIXTURE 561 Thru 563 Enter

OMG!:aargh4:

That is the exact same line of text for fixture numbers I used on a post a few weeks ago!

You're not stealing my lines are you
    :chairshot:

:rippedhand:

Damn! I guess I need to copywrite my posts!

:deal:

Oh incidentally, this was also a bug where 552 would not clone to 562. Also, in this specific line you wrote, there is no need for fixture to be pressed.

To get the results you want, touch the group buttom coresponding to the fixtures in the active editor you want to clone, then Copy, Fixture, and then the destination group you wish to add to the programmer.

I.E. "All Layer 5" Copy Fixture "All Layer 6"

This pretty much works 90% of the time all the time, haha.
  • [quote=cormacjack]
    551 Thru 553 Copy FIXTURE 561 Thru 563 Enter

OMG!:aargh4:

That is the exact same line of text for fixture numbers I used on a post a few weeks ago!

You're not stealing my lines are you
    :chairshot:

:rippedhand:

Damn! I guess I need to copywrite my posts!

:deal:

Oh incidentally, this was also a bug where 552 would not clone to 562. Also, in this specific line you wrote, there is no need for fixture to be pressed.

To get the results you want, touch the group buttom coresponding to the fixtures in the active editor you want to clone, then Copy, Fixture, and then the destination group you wish to add to the programmer.

I.E. "All Layer 5" Copy Fixture "All Layer 6"

This pretty much works 90% of the time all the time, haha.
Children
No Data
Related