Fading to a new color using a chase?

Does anyone have a better way to do the following?

Along our back curtain we have 18 RGB LED wall washers. I'd like to create an effect that makes the color change start at one end and then fade (chase ) across until all the lights have changed to the new color. I have created a set of different groups selecting the 18 RGBs in different orders ( right to left, left to right, center to outside and outside to center) but I haven't found a way to do use these to do the chases.

I have suceeded using the programmer and giving each fixture a different delay time but it seems like there has to be an easier way.

Thanks!
Joe
Parents
  • Joe,

You have 2 options:

1) Build the color change cues and fan the delay times so that the change moves across your wall. Delay time can be set from the command line by pressing time twice. You can set different delay times for each fixture by fanning the times by pressing Thru. The syntax "1 Thru 10 Time Time 0 through 9 Enter" will set delay times of 0s for fixture 1, 1s for fixture 2, etc.

2) Build the color effect that you want with the effects engine. Fan the effect offset to get the motion that you're looking for. You will still need to fan the delay times of the effect to get the correct motion as you crossfade into the effect.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.
  • Joe,

You have 2 options:

1) Build the color change cues and fan the delay times so that the change moves across your wall. Delay time can be set from the command line by pressing time twice. You can set different delay times for each fixture by fanning the times by pressing Thru. The syntax "1 Thru 10 Time Time 0 through 9 Enter" will set delay times of 0s for fixture 1, 1s for fixture 2, etc.

2) Build the color effect that you want with the effects engine. Fan the effect offset to get the motion that you're looking for. You will still need to fan the delay times of the effect to get the correct motion as you crossfade into the effect.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.
Children
No Data
Related