Fading to a new color using a chase?

Does anyone have a better way to do the following?

Along our back curtain we have 18 RGB LED wall washers. I'd like to create an effect that makes the color change start at one end and then fade (chase ) across until all the lights have changed to the new color. I have created a set of different groups selecting the 18 RGBs in different orders ( right to left, left to right, center to outside and outside to center) but I haven't found a way to do use these to do the chases.

I have suceeded using the programmer and giving each fixture a different delay time but it seems like there has to be an easier way.

Thanks!
Joe
Parents
  • It sounds like you are you editing in the delay column of the cuelist rather than in the cue editor. This will cause the delay time to change for EVERYTHING in that cue (also true for wait, fade, path, etc, etc...).

Try OPEN+CUE or press the View Cue button from the cuelist toolbar of the cue you want to edit.

Then select DELAY from the top toolbar of the cuelist editor window, and turn on EDIT.

Select the cells of the fixtures you would like to fan delay over, type your value range and then ENTER.

When done press UPDATE, and close your editor if it does not close by default.

You should now see a range in the delay column of your cuelist window.

Additionally if you are trying to set 8 fixtures over a range of 9 seconds, you will get fractions of seconds because the console calculates how to distribute that extra second evenly across the whole range.

A quick bit of math in your head is all you need. Try setting the range from 0>7 seconds, or 1>8 to get whole number times in this case.

Hope this all helps:)
  • It sounds like you are you editing in the delay column of the cuelist rather than in the cue editor. This will cause the delay time to change for EVERYTHING in that cue (also true for wait, fade, path, etc, etc...).

Try OPEN+CUE or press the View Cue button from the cuelist toolbar of the cue you want to edit.

Then select DELAY from the top toolbar of the cuelist editor window, and turn on EDIT.

Select the cells of the fixtures you would like to fan delay over, type your value range and then ENTER.

When done press UPDATE, and close your editor if it does not close by default.

You should now see a range in the delay column of your cuelist window.

Additionally if you are trying to set 8 fixtures over a range of 9 seconds, you will get fractions of seconds because the console calculates how to distribute that extra second evenly across the whole range.

A quick bit of math in your head is all you need. Try setting the range from 0>7 seconds, or 1>8 to get whole number times in this case.

Hope this all helps:)
Children
No Data
Related