Buttons on Hog 3 Stops working

Last week i discovered that the . 2 5 8 / backspace and effect buttons on my hog 3 stops working after a new show has been loaded and the machine is fully booted up. They still work in the load show menu. I have done a complete software and bios reload and the problem still there.

Anybody got an explanation ???????
Parents
  • Marco,

The keys on the keypad are driven by an electronic matrix, so the sequence of keys that are not working actually makes some sense. The fact that they operate in the launch window and not the show also makes some sense as the full front panel is not initialized until the show is loaded (you can see this as the LEDs come on when a show loads).

Probably you have a stuck key or maybe something has shorted due to a liquid spill or other problem. I suggest opening the event monitor (setup/events) and check for stuck keys or non-functioning keys. Additionally you can use the "console test" of the boot menu (hold pig while powering on). Using this test you can determine if any LED or buttons are not working... NOTE that you will need a mouse connected to use this routine.

So it looks like a hardware problem and I suggest you contact our support department for repair. support@flyingpig.com or 800-890-8989
  • Marco,

The keys on the keypad are driven by an electronic matrix, so the sequence of keys that are not working actually makes some sense. The fact that they operate in the launch window and not the show also makes some sense as the full front panel is not initialized until the show is loaded (you can see this as the LEDs come on when a show loads).

Probably you have a stuck key or maybe something has shorted due to a liquid spill or other problem. I suggest opening the event monitor (setup/events) and check for stuck keys or non-functioning keys. Additionally you can use the "console test" of the boot menu (hold pig while powering on). Using this test you can determine if any LED or buttons are not working... NOTE that you will need a mouse connected to use this routine.

So it looks like a hardware problem and I suggest you contact our support department for repair. support@flyingpig.com or 800-890-8989
Children
No Data
Related