A newbie question...

Hello,
I'm wondering which is the best way to controll for example 2ch fixture like smoke machines or strobes...
I need to controll them very quickly without waisting masters. The best way for me would be a virtual button on screen...
Is it better to create a patch and handle them as a fixture or simply controll them through desk channel?
Thank you
Lorenzo
Parents
  • hi Lore. You should be able to control a smoke machine with the 2 ch. smoker fixture under generic if I'm not mistaken. Double check custom as well for I might be wrong.
    once you get this fixtures patched you shouldn't have any significant problem whatsoever to control your fog machine.
    Set your fixture parameters as desired and record a new cuelist directly in the list directory. Now you can trigger this cuelist directly via touch sreen as you mentioned in your post. What i would suggest is to set your new cuelist to have a release end cue. Touching cuelist first time triggers the cuelist second time releases it. Don't forget to set the release time as a further option.
    Same thing should be for strobo fixtures.
    Hope this helps
    Marco:hogsign:
  • hi Lore. You should be able to control a smoke machine with the 2 ch. smoker fixture under generic if I'm not mistaken. Double check custom as well for I might be wrong.
    once you get this fixtures patched you shouldn't have any significant problem whatsoever to control your fog machine.
    Set your fixture parameters as desired and record a new cuelist directly in the list directory. Now you can trigger this cuelist directly via touch sreen as you mentioned in your post. What i would suggest is to set your new cuelist to have a release end cue. Touching cuelist first time triggers the cuelist second time releases it. Don't forget to set the release time as a further option.
    Same thing should be for strobo fixtures.
    Hope this helps
    Marco:hogsign:
Children
No Data
Related