HTP effects

Hi,
i know this has been covered before but can someone enlighten me as to why it easier "not" to be able to run intensity effects as HTP?
Why would you not want to run intensity effects as HTP?

I know what some of the workarounds are so i don't need to know how but more the why...
Is there any chance of this becoming a feature in the future at some point?

Regards C
Parents
  • Ok,
    i see your point about the scenario you have listed and i think i can see where this may be of some use but i myself would usually program this on the same cuelist.
    Try this you are programming for another LD and they want 3 different moving light intensity f/x cues on the same fader.
    Cue 1/ Slow
    Cue 2/ Med-fast
    Cue 3/ Fast

I don't want to run virtual cuelists and actually want to be able to fade the f/x in and out manually on the fader which to the best of my limited knowledge without making the fader a GO+0% not an option? please correct me if this is possible.
    another option is to record 3 faders with a slow/med/fast intensity f/x on each.

Scenario 2
    I have some generics and some moving lights on the safe fader/handle for an awards thing on tv.
    Cue 1/static podium look fixture 1-10 and desk 1-3 at full so i can ride the fader for tv levels
    Cue 2/Fixture 1-10 intensity and movement f/x engine and desk 1-3 levels untouched.

As far as i can see this would be a fairly standard ask,

Not having the option to run either HTP or be able to change the f/x speed live is a bit of a drag really and is something i would like to see one of these addressed when there is a window of opportunity available.
    What about being able to record HTP f/x in scene's only as a compromise at least then 1 HTP scene could be used?

Not a rant just questions
    thanks C
  • Ok,
    i see your point about the scenario you have listed and i think i can see where this may be of some use but i myself would usually program this on the same cuelist.
    Try this you are programming for another LD and they want 3 different moving light intensity f/x cues on the same fader.
    Cue 1/ Slow
    Cue 2/ Med-fast
    Cue 3/ Fast

I don't want to run virtual cuelists and actually want to be able to fade the f/x in and out manually on the fader which to the best of my limited knowledge without making the fader a GO+0% not an option? please correct me if this is possible.
    another option is to record 3 faders with a slow/med/fast intensity f/x on each.

Scenario 2
    I have some generics and some moving lights on the safe fader/handle for an awards thing on tv.
    Cue 1/static podium look fixture 1-10 and desk 1-3 at full so i can ride the fader for tv levels
    Cue 2/Fixture 1-10 intensity and movement f/x engine and desk 1-3 levels untouched.

As far as i can see this would be a fairly standard ask,

Not having the option to run either HTP or be able to change the f/x speed live is a bit of a drag really and is something i would like to see one of these addressed when there is a window of opportunity available.
    What about being able to record HTP f/x in scene's only as a compromise at least then 1 HTP scene could be used?

Not a rant just questions
    thanks C
Children
No Data
Related