Understanding Effects Engine

Hey All,
New to the forums, just wanted to say hi. I am a relatively new programmer only having done a handful of shows with automated lighting so far. My question is how to get more movement into cues and how to set up the console to be able to do hits and multiple effects easier.

I started by having a cuelist per song, with verse 1 look, pre-chorus, chorus, etc. method. So one fader per song, most of my looks were pretty static. I then started having a few faders per song with effects and chases on a few that I would bring in and out with the hits. But I still feel as if I can't hit all the cues I want to easily.

So my question breaks down into how to set up the console on a song by song basis, and also how to understand the effects engine parameters. I can use it but usually have to result to trial and error when adjusting parameters trying to get a certain effect.

I know this is a long post, and it really comes down to I need to spend more time with a console. But I am a student and the venue I work in only lets us rents automated lights for certain shows so I don't get as much time as I would like to mess around.

Thanks in advance!
Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related