Third Monitor on iPC

I just upgraded our iPC to software v2.2.2 and have an external monitor connected to the desk via an XGA to VGA adapter. The third monitor is enabled and the iPC logo is on external display. I can mouse over onto the display, but I cannot move any windows (like the output or palettes) to the external display. Anybody have any ideas for me?

Brian Worster
Legacy Sound Productions
Parents
  • Ups no problem here the important parts:

Hey Tom, this is probably another issue related to the using the latest image with an older iPC motherboard (A7N8X-VM/400). We have one of these first generation iPCs in engineering and I will take a look at this today with Patrick, our XPe image software developer.

This doesn't seem to be a problem at all on our current production iPCs with the latest hardware. I can restore to 8.0.4 and install any of the lastest versions of Hog3PC and the monitor configuration seems to work as expected.

---------
    Please try unattaching the third monitor from the iPC and reboot the iPC. Once the iPC is finished booting, reconnect the third monitor, and enable the third monitor in the iPC Config panel. Once you do this the third monitor should function properly and you shouldn't have to do this dance again unless you reimage again. This appears to be a quirky problem with the first gen iPCs. Let me know how this works for you.

--------
    This monitor problem should only present itself after doing a fresh image install on the iPC. After you have corrected this problem you won't run into this problem until you image the desk again. Let me know if you experience otherwise.

-------
    Messages where quotes from highend's Chris Muenchow

Tom
  • Ups no problem here the important parts:

Hey Tom, this is probably another issue related to the using the latest image with an older iPC motherboard (A7N8X-VM/400). We have one of these first generation iPCs in engineering and I will take a look at this today with Patrick, our XPe image software developer.

This doesn't seem to be a problem at all on our current production iPCs with the latest hardware. I can restore to 8.0.4 and install any of the lastest versions of Hog3PC and the monitor configuration seems to work as expected.

---------
    Please try unattaching the third monitor from the iPC and reboot the iPC. Once the iPC is finished booting, reconnect the third monitor, and enable the third monitor in the iPC Config panel. Once you do this the third monitor should function properly and you shouldn't have to do this dance again unless you reimage again. This appears to be a quirky problem with the first gen iPCs. Let me know how this works for you.

--------
    This monitor problem should only present itself after doing a fresh image install on the iPC. After you have corrected this problem you won't run into this problem until you image the desk again. Let me know if you experience otherwise.

-------
    Messages where quotes from highend's Chris Muenchow

Tom
Children
No Data
Related