Road Hog : 250 Entours : 250 Washes

Hey all,

I have been running the Road Hog for a couple of months now and really like the console. I am having a couple of various problems, if anyone has the time to lend a hand:

I am running the Road Hog, 12 250 Entours, and 10 250 Washes, plus pars.

1) What is the best way to program a movement effect, so that the fader acts as a manual fader, and fades the speed of the effect?

I have tried doing this a couple of different ways, but none seem to work that well for me.

Another problem I have with this, is that when I use the Manual Fader option, it gets stuck to it's full speed at the top of the fader. Then when I release the fader, the fader acts backwards: So that the top is now 0 and the bottom of the fader is full. Is there anyway to keep this from happening, because the switching of the fader confuses me.

2) With the 250 Entours, I am trying to create a color cuelist with all of the colors in the color wheel in order. When I create the cuelist of the colors in order of the wheel, or even press the colors in order of the color wheel, the colors sometimes snap to the next color, and sometimes they slowly scroll.

I have tried fixing this also to no avail. And it seems everytime I program it, another set of colors work. I don't mind if they either scroll, or snap, but I would like them all to do the same thing.

If my color wheel in order is OPEN - CTC - Yellow - Blue - Magenta, and I press the GO button, it will : OPEN CTC Yellow Blue Magenta. Any ideas?

3) Finally, how do you create an effect so that the 250 washes will COLOR SCROLL in the same order of the color wheel of the 250 Entours? I wasn't sure if this were possible, but I would love to have a color scroll that scrolls every light in order.

Thanks ahead of time for the help, and look forward to speaking to you all!

~deegster :ninja:
Parents
  • Sounds good Steve, that makes total sense. It does look like the numbers stay within the continuous spectrum, but I haven't tried viewing the DMX channels as I run the colors to see if they show a continuous fade.

Im going up there in about 2 hours so I will check and see, and if I can't get it to work then I will try and send you the show. I might need to call Martin and see if they have answers, because maybe there is a setting or something that is off, and I'm also not sure if they use any type of filtering, but I don't believe that's the case.
  • Sounds good Steve, that makes total sense. It does look like the numbers stay within the continuous spectrum, but I haven't tried viewing the DMX channels as I run the colors to see if they show a continuous fade.

Im going up there in about 2 hours so I will check and see, and if I can't get it to work then I will try and send you the show. I might need to call Martin and see if they have answers, because maybe there is a setting or something that is off, and I'm also not sure if they use any type of filtering, but I don't believe that's the case.
Children
No Data
Related