Temporarily Maximize & Front on Palette Button Hold

As an extension to the 'Front Window' option, I would like to see the following as setting...

When I press-and-hold the physical button for a palette window (IGBCPE), I would like to have the associated window front and maximize temporarily (for as long as I hold the button down).

Any thoughts?

Phil
Parents
  • Jon,

I can completely see what you're saying, and your point of worry is absolutely dead on. In fact, that's one of the reason's I think this should be a selectable preference (and not a board default).

I currently set up my right screen with all of my palette windows full-screen and on top of each other. I bring the required window forward by tapping the related physical button. (Not necessarily a better way of doing things...just different. )

I guess my thinking is this...

It would be nice to set up my right screen with four palette windows arranged in a square and putting my most used palettes for each type in the first 18-24 palettes of each. Then, if I needed to quickly get to a less used palette that was buried farther down in a directory, I could simply hold down the appropriate key which, after a brief pause, would temporarily show that directory full-screen. I could then hit the palette I want and release the hard button, thus returning the directory window to its previous state.

I will add, however, that I don't know if this somehow screws with the syntax of the console.

PG
  • Jon,

I can completely see what you're saying, and your point of worry is absolutely dead on. In fact, that's one of the reason's I think this should be a selectable preference (and not a board default).

I currently set up my right screen with all of my palette windows full-screen and on top of each other. I bring the required window forward by tapping the related physical button. (Not necessarily a better way of doing things...just different. )

I guess my thinking is this...

It would be nice to set up my right screen with four palette windows arranged in a square and putting my most used palettes for each type in the first 18-24 palettes of each. Then, if I needed to quickly get to a less used palette that was buried farther down in a directory, I could simply hold down the appropriate key which, after a brief pause, would temporarily show that directory full-screen. I could then hit the palette I want and release the hard button, thus returning the directory window to its previous state.

I will add, however, that I don't know if this somehow screws with the syntax of the console.

PG
Children
No Data
Related