Is this common?

Hi,

About two weeks ago I started a new show on a brand new RoadHog, with 2.2.1 on it. I had two major annoyances. The first was how views behaved, and second the fact that editing and updating cue's sometimes changes existing times to zero, or add's zero timing. I also recognise the cue-open stuff Pierre mentions in an other thread.
Therefore I upgraded to 2.2.2 hoping things would be better, but alas. I
haven't been seriously using the Hog3 platform for more than a year now,
so I was wondering if these are known issues. Another question would be how best to change the used library in my show, thereby getting access to the new possibility to manipulate effects in existing cue's. If possible at all, of course.

Regards,

Bhagat
Parents
  • [quote=Bodhi]editing and updating cue's sometimes changes existing times to zero, or add's zero timing.

If you open a cue editor and consequently you change some values, the desk will automatically assign the default kind time. If you have a default time of zero for beam, then if you adjust your iris, the desk will assign a zero fade in time for your new iris value. You can always enter a fade in/out delay in/out for any parameter before updating.
    Remember that you can set your default kind timing under preferences.

[quote=Bodhi]Another question would be how best to change the used library in my show, thereby getting access to the new possibility to manipulate effects in existing cue's. If possible at all, of course.

start a new show using the latest library and eventually merge the old one into it. Once the merge process has finished you shuould be able to use the new feature for effect rate control.

Hope this helps
    Marco:hogsign:
  • [quote=Bodhi]editing and updating cue's sometimes changes existing times to zero, or add's zero timing.

If you open a cue editor and consequently you change some values, the desk will automatically assign the default kind time. If you have a default time of zero for beam, then if you adjust your iris, the desk will assign a zero fade in time for your new iris value. You can always enter a fade in/out delay in/out for any parameter before updating.
    Remember that you can set your default kind timing under preferences.

[quote=Bodhi]Another question would be how best to change the used library in my show, thereby getting access to the new possibility to manipulate effects in existing cue's. If possible at all, of course.

start a new show using the latest library and eventually merge the old one into it. Once the merge process has finished you shuould be able to use the new feature for effect rate control.

Hope this helps
    Marco:hogsign:
Children
No Data
Related