Hog iPC bugging out badly

Hello,
I had a major issue with the iPC last night. I was running lights and the first two bands who came up I had no issues with. Right as Colby Caillat came on stage, the console started bugging out badly. My cue lists started disappearing, the palattes started showing randomly created new pallates, half the buttons stopped working properly, and the lights wouldn't respond to the console unless I punched it in manually (like, fixture 1 thru 8 @ full).

At that point, I ended up pulling the DMX line so the stage would at least remain lit as the console kept clearing itself out as well.

Does anyone have any idea as to what would cause this to happen?

Thanks,
Matt
Parents
  • Well, If it were my console rather than my bosses console i'd be glad to update it myself. I just wouldn't go and do that without his permission.

It was a single console setup. One DMX universe with 12 lights -- 8 Martin Exterior 200's and four Studiospot 575 CMY's.

The Cleaer button, all of the function buttons (such as intensity, position, colour, beam, etc...) started acting irrationally.

I'd try chosing a cue stack using the Choose button and then it would ask me to rename a pallate.

I would hit Play under a cue stack and the cuestack would end up deleted.

Normally, I wouldn't complain if it were before show with more than 30 minutes to fix everything. I just couldn't even get the console back online.

I would set the Exterior 200 fixtures to Open White, hit a play button for a cue stack on the movers and the Exteriors would blackout. I'm 100% positive that this wasn't programmed in as it had been done previously with no issues.

Since I don't have the console with me, and it is on location, I am unable to reload the software.

The only strange thing that happened was it randomly started to rain and I killed the power to the console when I covered it with the top lid of the road case. The console itself didn't get wet because we were under a tent, but I killed the power on the power strip to make sure water didn't get in there and short things out.

Thanks,
    Matt
  • Well, If it were my console rather than my bosses console i'd be glad to update it myself. I just wouldn't go and do that without his permission.

It was a single console setup. One DMX universe with 12 lights -- 8 Martin Exterior 200's and four Studiospot 575 CMY's.

The Cleaer button, all of the function buttons (such as intensity, position, colour, beam, etc...) started acting irrationally.

I'd try chosing a cue stack using the Choose button and then it would ask me to rename a pallate.

I would hit Play under a cue stack and the cuestack would end up deleted.

Normally, I wouldn't complain if it were before show with more than 30 minutes to fix everything. I just couldn't even get the console back online.

I would set the Exterior 200 fixtures to Open White, hit a play button for a cue stack on the movers and the Exteriors would blackout. I'm 100% positive that this wasn't programmed in as it had been done previously with no issues.

Since I don't have the console with me, and it is on location, I am unable to reload the software.

The only strange thing that happened was it randomly started to rain and I killed the power to the console when I covered it with the top lid of the road case. The console itself didn't get wet because we were under a tent, but I killed the power on the power strip to make sure water didn't get in there and short things out.

Thanks,
    Matt
Children
No Data
Related