hog pc / vista compatibility

Hi there,
The Download page states that HOG PC isn't yet Vista friendly, but I installed it on my new laptop the other day (without realising there was issues) and it seems to run without glitch (so far).

What / if are the known bugs running HOGPC with Vista? I haven't managed to find one. (Admittedly, I've not hooked up any wings / dongle yet though)

Cheers,
Deano
Parents
  • [quote=Andreas]Maybe I dare to test it live on friday? No guts, no glory!

on the 32-bit side of the world, it's really not as scary as it sounds. couple words of advice:

the Power Management facilities in Vista have significantly changed. review your settings carefully if you're going to serve a show off of a laptop.

if your Launcher starts having missing file errors, you'll want to already know where %APPDATA%\Flying Pig Systems\Hog 3PC\ is and how to delete the entire Persistant folder, not just its contents.
  • [quote=Andreas]Maybe I dare to test it live on friday? No guts, no glory!

on the 32-bit side of the world, it's really not as scary as it sounds. couple words of advice:

the Power Management facilities in Vista have significantly changed. review your settings carefully if you're going to serve a show off of a laptop.

if your Launcher starts having missing file errors, you'll want to already know where %APPDATA%\Flying Pig Systems\Hog 3PC\ is and how to delete the entire Persistant folder, not just its contents.
Children
No Data
Related