Music Trigger

Greetings all...my first post.

I've got a client that rents out space for corporate a and other types of events. Some of these events are high school dances. We have some gear semi-permenently installed onsite and have just begun using the Hog 3PC to control a few Macs, some Studio Colors and a couple of Cyberlights. Some of the events can afford a full package with operator and others just want flashing lights.

My questions is: How can I trigger some generic cues and chases from music played by a deejay. I'm looking to imitate the music to light functionality found in deejay style equipment. In a perfect world, I would envission an audio conversion box with a mic that could initiate a 3 different triggers based on high, mid and low freqency input. These triggers would in turn run overlapping cues or chases and maybe vary rate/speed. Any help?
Parents
  • [quote=edwardhodge;37535]I would just take a Beat sync button so that the console knows the tempo of music playing. Then in the settings tab of each chase you could say that beat button takes control. This would be really useful in large concert settings.

Edward,

we do have a Tap Sync option for chases. With this feature you can manually tap in the beat and the chase will continue it. This is of course different from a sound-to-light feature, but can still be useful. See section 24.5.5 of the user manual / Help for further details.
  • [quote=edwardhodge;37535]I would just take a Beat sync button so that the console knows the tempo of music playing. Then in the settings tab of each chase you could say that beat button takes control. This would be really useful in large concert settings.

Edward,

we do have a Tap Sync option for chases. With this feature you can manually tap in the beat and the chase will continue it. This is of course different from a sound-to-light feature, but can still be useful. See section 24.5.5 of the user manual / Help for further details.
Children
No Data
Related