Good DMX Spliter

Hi guys

Can anyone recommend a good DMX splitter? Is there anything I should look out for? Or is it just a prefrence of brand name?
Parents
  • Not to beat this issue into the ground, but here is a real world example:

This summer Rush was on tour with a Wholehog 3 console and several DMX splitters. All but one were Fleenor models. They had a problem where some of their LED strip lights would get "locked on" in some looks for aobut 10 seconds. After lots of troubleshooting we were able to determine the problem was caused by this one splitter in the run! It was not an Elation model, but it was a cheap brand and not the quality Fleenor as all the rest. And thus I bet this is why the problem occured...

As stated in this thread... you should always protect the data as best you can, and this means using good cables, splitters, etc.
  • Not to beat this issue into the ground, but here is a real world example:

This summer Rush was on tour with a Wholehog 3 console and several DMX splitters. All but one were Fleenor models. They had a problem where some of their LED strip lights would get "locked on" in some looks for aobut 10 seconds. After lots of troubleshooting we were able to determine the problem was caused by this one splitter in the run! It was not an Elation model, but it was a cheap brand and not the quality Fleenor as all the rest. And thus I bet this is why the problem occured...

As stated in this thread... you should always protect the data as best you can, and this means using good cables, splitters, etc.
Children
No Data
Related