Good DMX Spliter

Hi guys

Can anyone recommend a good DMX splitter? Is there anything I should look out for? Or is it just a prefrence of brand name?
Parents
  • Warranty and support.:D

Fleenor puts a 5-year warranty on parts and labor vs. manufacturing defects...Swisson doesn't mention what theirs is...so I would have to guess only a year or two.

God forbid someone actually causes damage to your splitter (think forklift over your FOH snake as an example:eek: ), Fleenor turns their gear around very quickly if you need a repair, and doesn't put you over a barrel for it either. I have no idea what Swisson's repair policy is like.

Also the Fleenor case/housing is better designed. The XLR connections are all recessed, so the whole connector is protected, as well as the "push" portions of the connectors....this can be very important if something heavy gets dropped on your splitter (think what would happen if your connectors got sheared off or bent/deformed, or the little silver "push" to release tab got broken off b/c it wasn't protected.. :eek: :eek: )

Additionally the Fleenor housing is steel as opposed to the Swisson aluminum.

Like I said...you ALWAYS get what you pay for...it is up to you to decide what the needs are for your application. For an install, Swisson might be OK if it is fairly well protected, but if you need touring durability and service, I personaly would go with Fleenor.
  • Warranty and support.:D

Fleenor puts a 5-year warranty on parts and labor vs. manufacturing defects...Swisson doesn't mention what theirs is...so I would have to guess only a year or two.

God forbid someone actually causes damage to your splitter (think forklift over your FOH snake as an example:eek: ), Fleenor turns their gear around very quickly if you need a repair, and doesn't put you over a barrel for it either. I have no idea what Swisson's repair policy is like.

Also the Fleenor case/housing is better designed. The XLR connections are all recessed, so the whole connector is protected, as well as the "push" portions of the connectors....this can be very important if something heavy gets dropped on your splitter (think what would happen if your connectors got sheared off or bent/deformed, or the little silver "push" to release tab got broken off b/c it wasn't protected.. :eek: :eek: )

Additionally the Fleenor housing is steel as opposed to the Swisson aluminum.

Like I said...you ALWAYS get what you pay for...it is up to you to decide what the needs are for your application. For an install, Swisson might be OK if it is fairly well protected, but if you need touring durability and service, I personaly would go with Fleenor.
Children
No Data
Related