Good DMX Spliter

Hi guys

Can anyone recommend a good DMX splitter? Is there anything I should look out for? Or is it just a prefrence of brand name?
Parents
  • [QUOTE=JeffM]And for the price, I would rather have several in inventory to send out on various shows rather than one or two at the Flenor price.

Optoisolators are primarily about fault containment. The idea is to keep a serious fault on one branch from propagating to another branch.

Having a spare one in inventory for "when one breaks" doesn't help if the fault burned up a bunch of other gear on the line.

It the case of a ground loop, a good opto will make it so you don't even know there's a problem.
    In the care of a nearby lighting strike, it will help reduce the damage.

I'm not saying Fleenor is the only way to go, there are other good splitters out there. If you add up what the component costs are for a well designed isolation circuit, it comes to real money. There are design comprimises you have to make to go low cost.
  • [QUOTE=JeffM]And for the price, I would rather have several in inventory to send out on various shows rather than one or two at the Flenor price.

Optoisolators are primarily about fault containment. The idea is to keep a serious fault on one branch from propagating to another branch.

Having a spare one in inventory for "when one breaks" doesn't help if the fault burned up a bunch of other gear on the line.

It the case of a ground loop, a good opto will make it so you don't even know there's a problem.
    In the care of a nearby lighting strike, it will help reduce the damage.

I'm not saying Fleenor is the only way to go, there are other good splitters out there. If you add up what the component costs are for a well designed isolation circuit, it comes to real money. There are design comprimises you have to make to go low cost.
Children
No Data
Related