Good DMX Spliter

Hi guys

Can anyone recommend a good DMX splitter? Is there anything I should look out for? Or is it just a prefrence of brand name?
Parents
  • The cheap stuff works. As long as they work, not mentioning lightning or powerfailure or whatever.
    Just a real example:
    I'm touring with a band all over the world. In Europe we mostly do a full-production tour. I always have ELC Splitters. Wich are dutch and I think are comparible to Fleenor. The last run we missed one splitter, but we had a different one as a spare from a cheap european brand. I asked the tourmanager to rent a good one locally, but there was no budget.
    So, 3 shows went allright, and on show 4, one of my moving-lights had issues, and the whole line suddenly had problems. And I'm sure, this wouldn't have happened whene there was a decent splitter in between!
    Hope this gives you something to think about. And I'm sure a lot of people can tell you even worse stories.

Gr.
    Pim
  • The cheap stuff works. As long as they work, not mentioning lightning or powerfailure or whatever.
    Just a real example:
    I'm touring with a band all over the world. In Europe we mostly do a full-production tour. I always have ELC Splitters. Wich are dutch and I think are comparible to Fleenor. The last run we missed one splitter, but we had a different one as a spare from a cheap european brand. I asked the tourmanager to rent a good one locally, but there was no budget.
    So, 3 shows went allright, and on show 4, one of my moving-lights had issues, and the whole line suddenly had problems. And I'm sure, this wouldn't have happened whene there was a decent splitter in between!
    Hope this gives you something to think about. And I'm sure a lot of people can tell you even worse stories.

Gr.
    Pim
Children
No Data
Related