Good DMX Spliter

Hi guys

Can anyone recommend a good DMX splitter? Is there anything I should look out for? Or is it just a prefrence of brand name?
  • The Elation box is opto isolatate as well as a split. The ETC box is also opto isolated.
  • The cheap stuff works. As long as they work, not mentioning lightning or powerfailure or whatever.
    Just a real example:
    I'm touring with a band all over the world. In Europe we mostly do a full-production tour. I always have ELC Splitters. Wich are dutch and I think are comparible to Fleenor. The last run we missed one splitter, but we had a different one as a spare from a cheap european brand. I asked the tourmanager to rent a good one locally, but there was no budget.
    So, 3 shows went allright, and on show 4, one of my moving-lights had issues, and the whole line suddenly had problems. And I'm sure, this wouldn't have happened whene there was a decent splitter in between!
    Hope this gives you something to think about. And I'm sure a lot of people can tell you even worse stories.

Gr.
    Pim
  • [quote=JeffM]The Elation box is opto isolatate as well as a split. The ETC box is also opto isolated.

The ETC box works quite well and has proven itself to me personally many times. I am surprised to hear you mention it as I thought it would be outside the price range you are willing to pay. Last I checked it was not in production anymore however.

Once again, we are not on the DFD only bandwagon. We are on the quality gear that is known to save our collective asses bandwagon. The optos we are championing are known to save gear from all manner of improbable and dangerous conditions. Those who are saying elation is just as good are trying to prove a negative. Just because you have not experienced the problems that a piece of inferior gear can cause does not mean it will not cause problems.

Scott summed it up: Professional Grade. I don't care which professional grade opto you give me when I am using that grade of fixture. If I see DJ crap like elation on my Vari-lite rig, I have every right to ask for something that is up to par.

Edits:

We have offered several experiences that state that fleenor and the rest are worth their money. Has anyone posted a horror story where an elation box saved their gear?

Oh, and nobody ever said a rig would not work without a fleenor splitter in it. In fact I said almost this same thing in my second post. Somebody isn't listening.
  • We have buyed more than 40pcs of S.R.S Light Design splitters without any reclamation:

1. All inputs/outputs are optically isolated
    2. They're using 4x transformer for DSR8, DST3 has 2x transformer
    3. They're using transils to protect in/out
    4. Friendly to custom made pinout configuration /3pin-5pin/
    5. They're using ONLY NEUTRIK connectors - so you don't have problems with any Chinese crapsa
    6. Lifetime waranty on all splitters
    7. Good price/value ratio

www.srslight.eu
  • I have been very happy with my Luminex products. These are not cheap though: www.luminex.be/

Ross
Related