Fades in chases

:poke: OK, I will prefix this as it's been a super long week and I know I was hit with the stupid stick but...

I want to make a cuelist- 2 cues, light is at 100% to start (no fade, except the fader itself) -- I want it to fade from say magenta to cyan, over 15 seconds then go to the next cue.

My theory was ok, one minute, set the chase to 4 bpm. Set the fade time for each cue to 15 seconds. I hit play, and everything fades in but then the fade doesn't finish before cue 2 triggers. What am I doing wrong .. I know its something stupid, since I asked two other people and they can't answer my question!

:hogsign:
Parents
  • Hi Steph,
    Still wondering?
    Why do you want to do this with a chase?

How about this:
    First cue Intensity at 100%, color magenta, fade time 0sec or whatever is appropriate.
    Cue 2 color cyan, fade time 15 sec. use FOLLOW
    if you want to fade back to magenta then cue 1 copy to cue 3, set the fade time on cue 3 to 15 sec., make it a follow cue too, link cue 3 to cue 2.

The list will now loop.

As far as fade times in a chase...I don't know if they effect anything or not. I think they are ignored...but I have been known to get whacked with the stupid stick too.

Happy New Year!
  • Hi Steph,
    Still wondering?
    Why do you want to do this with a chase?

How about this:
    First cue Intensity at 100%, color magenta, fade time 0sec or whatever is appropriate.
    Cue 2 color cyan, fade time 15 sec. use FOLLOW
    if you want to fade back to magenta then cue 1 copy to cue 3, set the fade time on cue 3 to 15 sec., make it a follow cue too, link cue 3 to cue 2.

The list will now loop.

As far as fade times in a chase...I don't know if they effect anything or not. I think they are ignored...but I have been known to get whacked with the stupid stick too.

Happy New Year!
Children
No Data
Related