XYZ Position Libraries in HogIII

Hi,

Does anyone know if XYZ programming has been included in the Hog III software?

Best regards,

Bish :confused:
Parents
  • [quote=srautane]Also as a programmer in theatre and musicals, I haven't found XYZ very useful.

XYZ is how the WholehogII won my loyalty. it is now and forever has been #1 on my list of reasons to still spec a II.

and while the abiltiy to have all your palettes update quickly after a 4-point calibration is both very powerful and very accurate (especially if you focus with XYZ in mind, and don't fudge the Y when you really should change Z...), this updating is only half of the feature.

to me, it's far more important to be able to program against XYZ in the first place.

simply put, it's the difference between:

"pan, tilt, next, pan, tilt, next, pan, tilt, next, pan, tilt, next, pan, tilt, next"
    and
    "XYZ"

if you ever get a chance to work with a II again, try it. you'll like it.

it still floors the "fresher" LD's when they focus a pair of frontlights:[INDENT]on the same person
    in two different colors
    with the same gobo
    rotating at the same speed but different in different directions
    slightly in from sharp

[/INDENT]and then they ask to do the same with a pair of hi-sides. with the single command "3 + 4 pig+copy 1 + 2 enter" you've got your designer more interested in your console than his show.

programming against pan and tilt just seems kinda sloppy once you've gotten the hang of XYZ. (XYupsidedownZ, anyone?)

if and when we see again XYZ (R.I.P.), i hope it returns as a more first-class set of functinos. specifically, being able to crossfade through XYZ space would probably get a tear or two outta me. and while i've adopted the mindset of always recording positions into palettes, it'd be better for everyone if that wasn't necessary.
  • [quote=srautane]Also as a programmer in theatre and musicals, I haven't found XYZ very useful.

XYZ is how the WholehogII won my loyalty. it is now and forever has been #1 on my list of reasons to still spec a II.

and while the abiltiy to have all your palettes update quickly after a 4-point calibration is both very powerful and very accurate (especially if you focus with XYZ in mind, and don't fudge the Y when you really should change Z...), this updating is only half of the feature.

to me, it's far more important to be able to program against XYZ in the first place.

simply put, it's the difference between:

"pan, tilt, next, pan, tilt, next, pan, tilt, next, pan, tilt, next, pan, tilt, next"
    and
    "XYZ"

if you ever get a chance to work with a II again, try it. you'll like it.

it still floors the "fresher" LD's when they focus a pair of frontlights:[INDENT]on the same person
    in two different colors
    with the same gobo
    rotating at the same speed but different in different directions
    slightly in from sharp

[/INDENT]and then they ask to do the same with a pair of hi-sides. with the single command "3 + 4 pig+copy 1 + 2 enter" you've got your designer more interested in your console than his show.

programming against pan and tilt just seems kinda sloppy once you've gotten the hang of XYZ. (XYupsidedownZ, anyone?)

if and when we see again XYZ (R.I.P.), i hope it returns as a more first-class set of functinos. specifically, being able to crossfade through XYZ space would probably get a tear or two outta me. and while i've adopted the mindset of always recording positions into palettes, it'd be better for everyone if that wasn't necessary.
Children
No Data
Related