"In Lib" Palettes

Hi,
yesterday we were talking about the Hog III with a friend, when he had a good idea that I find very usefull, a new option for palettes to automatically recover values that are in those palettes when we use the auto palette function in Patch.

For example, I create a new show in which I use for the first time X spot EX, so I create all palettes I need for the show, colors, positions, beams and for those which I often need, I would select the “in lib” function (name could be change it’s for a best understanding), and those palettes will be saved separately in a special place of the hard drive, where it could be reloaded or saved when we do a clean install.
Next time I will need to use this fixture type, when I will press the auto palette function, all “In Lib” palettes containing values referring to this type of fixture will automatically be reloaded.

thanks
Stéph
Parents
  • Hey Steph,

We can already effectively do this by merging showfiles....I do this quite a bit especially with DL.2s. Simply merge in only your Palettes.

This also allows you to be able to make use of newer fixture profiles when updates are made.

The advantage this has that you can take your showfile to any desk....whereas if they lived in a separate partition of the hard-drive they would be different from desk to desk.

Just a different way of doing essentially the same thing.
  • Hey Steph,

We can already effectively do this by merging showfiles....I do this quite a bit especially with DL.2s. Simply merge in only your Palettes.

This also allows you to be able to make use of newer fixture profiles when updates are made.

The advantage this has that you can take your showfile to any desk....whereas if they lived in a separate partition of the hard-drive they would be different from desk to desk.

Just a different way of doing essentially the same thing.
Children
No Data
Related