"In Lib" Palettes

Hi,
yesterday we were talking about the Hog III with a friend, when he had a good idea that I find very usefull, a new option for palettes to automatically recover values that are in those palettes when we use the auto palette function in Patch.

For example, I create a new show in which I use for the first time X spot EX, so I create all palettes I need for the show, colors, positions, beams and for those which I often need, I would select the “in lib” function (name could be change it’s for a best understanding), and those palettes will be saved separately in a special place of the hard drive, where it could be reloaded or saved when we do a clean install.
Next time I will need to use this fixture type, when I will press the auto palette function, all “In Lib” palettes containing values referring to this type of fixture will automatically be reloaded.

thanks
Stéph
Parents
  • I don’t think it is a “different way of doing essentially the same thing “, because I give an example with one type, but imagine the same with 4 or 5 fixture or more types, you should:
    Copy four or five shows to have all palettes (and keep all shows with all different types).
    Uses merge four or five times.
    You couldn’t choose palettes to merges, so you should delete palettes you don’t need.
    With “In lib” option you would have one file to copy (it could be in show directory that exist in all desks), and all would be done in one tine and few seconds and for all type and you would only have palettes you need.
    You could also use new profile, or that the profile is changing but the type has remained the same, either by using the change type function.
  • I don’t think it is a “different way of doing essentially the same thing “, because I give an example with one type, but imagine the same with 4 or 5 fixture or more types, you should:
    Copy four or five shows to have all palettes (and keep all shows with all different types).
    Uses merge four or five times.
    You couldn’t choose palettes to merges, so you should delete palettes you don’t need.
    With “In lib” option you would have one file to copy (it could be in show directory that exist in all desks), and all would be done in one tine and few seconds and for all type and you would only have palettes you need.
    You could also use new profile, or that the profile is changing but the type has remained the same, either by using the change type function.
Children
No Data
Related