XP Vs. Vista and Mac OS

There are many lighting designer/programmers that are not interested in going to the new Vista OS. It is obvious that before too long just as Hog II is no longer supported or updated further, XP OS will soon find the same fate leaving us to yet again suffer with another unstable microsoft OS.
Mac OS has proven to be the most stable and less problematic of any OS software out there.

Do you have any reason not to make the Hog OS work with Mac OS without having to run XP on a Mac?
I think it would be worth looking at. Many are going to the new Mac computers as the OS is reliable and more efficient.
Parents
  • [quote=JeffM]There are many lighting designer/programmers that are not interested in going to the new Vista OS. It is obvious that before too long just as Hog II is no longer supported or updated further, XP OS will soon find the same fate leaving us to yet again suffer with another unstable microsoft OS.
    Mac OS has proven to be the most stable and less problematic of any OS software out there.

I agree that Vista is a bad choice, this is why almost every PC manufacturer is still offering XP if you ask for it when you buy a new machine. XP won't be going anywhere anytime soon not only b/c of the compatibility issues with XP software programs, but Vista is a resource MONSTER and eats up tons just sitting idle.

Mac OS isn't perfect either....Tiger was great, but Leopard is very broken right now, and Apple has never been interesting in offering backwards compatibility. You cannot even buy a new machine with Tiger on it even if you ask for it...they force you to have Leopard. (Believe me this is driving CATALYST programmers and users absolutely crazy right now).

I don't want to turn this into a Mac vs PC war :nono: , b/c they both have their merits....you will simply have to investigate the strengths and weaknesses of both and make a decision based on your application needs.

Hope this helps.:)

[quote=PimmerPacK]I bought a new system from Alienware last october, and they advised me to install XP. So I did, and no regrets with that as I hear many people around me with Vista-problems.

I have been using ALIENWARE for many years now as well...best mobile PC machines made for power users....hands down.
  • [quote=JeffM]There are many lighting designer/programmers that are not interested in going to the new Vista OS. It is obvious that before too long just as Hog II is no longer supported or updated further, XP OS will soon find the same fate leaving us to yet again suffer with another unstable microsoft OS.

I agree that Vista is a bad choice, this is why almost every PC manufacturer is still offering XP if you ask for it when you buy a new machine. XP won't be going anywhere anytime soon not only b/c of the compatibility issues with XP software programs, but Vista is a resource MONSTER and eats up tons just sitting idle.

Mac OS isn't perfect either....Tiger was great, but Leopard is very broken right now, and Apple has never been interesting in offering backwards compatibility. You cannot even buy a new machine with Tiger on it even if you ask for it...they force you to have Leopard. (Believe me this is driving CATALYST programmers and users absolutely crazy right now).

I don't want to turn this into a Mac vs PC war :nono: , b/c they both have their merits....you will simply have to investigate the strengths and weaknesses of both and make a decision based on your application needs.

Hope this helps.:)

[quote=PimmerPacK]I bought a new system from Alienware last october, and they advised me to install XP. So I did, and no regrets with that as I hear many people around me with Vista-problems.

I have been using ALIENWARE for many years now as well...best mobile PC machines made for power users....hands down.
Children
No Data
Related