XP Vs. Vista and Mac OS

There are many lighting designer/programmers that are not interested in going to the new Vista OS. It is obvious that before too long just as Hog II is no longer supported or updated further, XP OS will soon find the same fate leaving us to yet again suffer with another unstable microsoft OS.
Mac OS has proven to be the most stable and less problematic of any OS software out there.

Do you have any reason not to make the Hog OS work with Mac OS without having to run XP on a Mac?
I think it would be worth looking at. Many are going to the new Mac computers as the OS is reliable and more efficient.
Parents
  • I would have to agree,
    I switched to OSX a year or so ago, And I have found I greatly prefer working on Macs.

As for the alienware laptops, they do make great laptops,
    but according to PC World magazine the second fastest laptop running Vista was a Macbook Pro.
    (First place is taken by a Eurocom D900C Phantom-X which retails for just over 5000$)
    So that being said, even if I had to buy a Computer just for Windows, I probably would still buy a Mac. (Unless I was trying to get a budget computer)

That being said, the last thing on earth I want on my Mac is Windows..
    I like having the option, but would hate to sacrifice the hard drive space to a second partition just to run one app.
    Thus, I would greatly like the option of having Hog 3 on my Mac...

I do agree Leopard has some issues,
    It does not run catalyst as well as Tiger did, but hopefully that will be figured out in the next month or so.
    But luckily, you can install tiger on new machines, you just can't buy it with it.

Of course I do respect everyone elses opinion, but thought I would share mine.

Joshua Wood
  • I would have to agree,
    I switched to OSX a year or so ago, And I have found I greatly prefer working on Macs.

As for the alienware laptops, they do make great laptops,
    but according to PC World magazine the second fastest laptop running Vista was a Macbook Pro.
    (First place is taken by a Eurocom D900C Phantom-X which retails for just over 5000$)
    So that being said, even if I had to buy a Computer just for Windows, I probably would still buy a Mac. (Unless I was trying to get a budget computer)

That being said, the last thing on earth I want on my Mac is Windows..
    I like having the option, but would hate to sacrifice the hard drive space to a second partition just to run one app.
    Thus, I would greatly like the option of having Hog 3 on my Mac...

I do agree Leopard has some issues,
    It does not run catalyst as well as Tiger did, but hopefully that will be figured out in the next month or so.
    But luckily, you can install tiger on new machines, you just can't buy it with it.

Of course I do respect everyone elses opinion, but thought I would share mine.

Joshua Wood
Children
No Data
Related