XP Vs. Vista and Mac OS

There are many lighting designer/programmers that are not interested in going to the new Vista OS. It is obvious that before too long just as Hog II is no longer supported or updated further, XP OS will soon find the same fate leaving us to yet again suffer with another unstable microsoft OS.
Mac OS has proven to be the most stable and less problematic of any OS software out there.

Do you have any reason not to make the Hog OS work with Mac OS without having to run XP on a Mac?
I think it would be worth looking at. Many are going to the new Mac computers as the OS is reliable and more efficient.
Parents
  • [quote=Mike Redmer] i use leopard in many different shows and hardware setups in the last 2 month, but you can use them only if you have hardware, where exists leopard updates

...(Believe me this is driving CATALYST programmers and users absolutely crazy right now)...

i haven't any trouble in the last two month with catalyst and leopard. i use leopard while quartz have a lot of new stuff in it. the main thing with catalyst - is software only and so you have to learn and understand osx and your hardware. fe you can run 4k movies but not with each hardware, and runs also in leopard. of course they have performance problems, but hopefully it's just a question of the next month. it is a big step to 64 bit.

Here is a link one of several threads in the CATALYST forums on some of the troubles Leopard is posing right now:

chaldee1.gotadsl.co.uk/~richardb/upload/showthread.php?t=1324

The X1900XT RADEON cards overheat, and the software performs very poorly right now.

Make no mistake here...Leopard is is MUCH MUCH better shape than Vista, and probably will have the bugs worked out faster. It is the fact that there is not even an option to aquire Tiger when buying a new machine is what really annoys me!!

Even programs like Vectorworks are affected...if you don't have the latest version, it won't run on Leopard.

I use both Mac and PC....each is suited for tasks better than the other...there is no "cookie cutter" solution here.

If the perfect computer existed, then everyone would buy that and there would be no others...and life would be rather dull;)
  • [quote=Mike Redmer] i use leopard in many different shows and hardware setups in the last 2 month, but you can use them only if you have hardware, where exists leopard updates

...(Believe me this is driving CATALYST programmers and users absolutely crazy right now)...

i haven't any trouble in the last two month with catalyst and leopard. i use leopard while quartz have a lot of new stuff in it. the main thing with catalyst - is software only and so you have to learn and understand osx and your hardware. fe you can run 4k movies but not with each hardware, and runs also in leopard. of course they have performance problems, but hopefully it's just a question of the next month. it is a big step to 64 bit.

Here is a link one of several threads in the CATALYST forums on some of the troubles Leopard is posing right now:

chaldee1.gotadsl.co.uk/~richardb/upload/showthread.php?t=1324

The X1900XT RADEON cards overheat, and the software performs very poorly right now.

Make no mistake here...Leopard is is MUCH MUCH better shape than Vista, and probably will have the bugs worked out faster. It is the fact that there is not even an option to aquire Tiger when buying a new machine is what really annoys me!!

Even programs like Vectorworks are affected...if you don't have the latest version, it won't run on Leopard.

I use both Mac and PC....each is suited for tasks better than the other...there is no "cookie cutter" solution here.

If the perfect computer existed, then everyone would buy that and there would be no others...and life would be rather dull;)
Children
No Data
Related