XP Vs. Vista and Mac OS

There are many lighting designer/programmers that are not interested in going to the new Vista OS. It is obvious that before too long just as Hog II is no longer supported or updated further, XP OS will soon find the same fate leaving us to yet again suffer with another unstable microsoft OS.
Mac OS has proven to be the most stable and less problematic of any OS software out there.

Do you have any reason not to make the Hog OS work with Mac OS without having to run XP on a Mac?
I think it would be worth looking at. Many are going to the new Mac computers as the OS is reliable and more efficient.
Parents
  • I too dream of a day when all my consoles will run under OSX. It seems so counter intuitive that i must "design" lighting in Windows.

Ive been running leopard for a while now and while it still has a hiccup here and there it is almost entirely due to the fact that it is still new and not everyone has prepared for it yet. This goes doubly so for vista, which on its own isnt too horrible, but still gets a really bad rap right now primarily because independent developers were not ready for its release.

As for running consoles on a mac, I have used Hog III, II, and gMA PC using both Parallels and VMware Fusion with great success. However, for any show critical use I always reboot in to the actual bootcamp install of XP that is ultra clean and pristine. Just remember that it still windows and susceptible to viruses. Its a good idea to disable any internet connection and only load on your console software and show files through the OSX share. As for hard drive space, my XP slice is only 5 Gigs. If you make a custom XP installer you can get it down really small after removing such MS staples as Solitaire, MSN Chat, and Outlook Express.
  • I too dream of a day when all my consoles will run under OSX. It seems so counter intuitive that i must "design" lighting in Windows.

Ive been running leopard for a while now and while it still has a hiccup here and there it is almost entirely due to the fact that it is still new and not everyone has prepared for it yet. This goes doubly so for vista, which on its own isnt too horrible, but still gets a really bad rap right now primarily because independent developers were not ready for its release.

As for running consoles on a mac, I have used Hog III, II, and gMA PC using both Parallels and VMware Fusion with great success. However, for any show critical use I always reboot in to the actual bootcamp install of XP that is ultra clean and pristine. Just remember that it still windows and susceptible to viruses. Its a good idea to disable any internet connection and only load on your console software and show files through the OSX share. As for hard drive space, my XP slice is only 5 Gigs. If you make a custom XP installer you can get it down really small after removing such MS staples as Solitaire, MSN Chat, and Outlook Express.
Children
No Data
Related