XP Vs. Vista and Mac OS

There are many lighting designer/programmers that are not interested in going to the new Vista OS. It is obvious that before too long just as Hog II is no longer supported or updated further, XP OS will soon find the same fate leaving us to yet again suffer with another unstable microsoft OS.
Mac OS has proven to be the most stable and less problematic of any OS software out there.

Do you have any reason not to make the Hog OS work with Mac OS without having to run XP on a Mac?
I think it would be worth looking at. Many are going to the new Mac computers as the OS is reliable and more efficient.
Parents
  • Just to recap,

I have great success with XP with Hog PC. I have a little shuttle PC running 3 monitors, 2 playback wings, program wings, and super widget.
    One thing I don't do with the PC is connect to anything else. NO internet, NO networking other than to DL2's. This eliminates viruses and minimizes problems. I also run the system on my laptop with XP and with this PC, I get online and network while running Hog PC. I play games, surf the net and run the lighting program all at the same time with no problems.
    Here is the issue we all will be facing soon. XP will see the same fate as WIN 95/98/2000/millenium.
    If Vista is already problematic, then why migrate there? Recent history shows that MAC OS is more stable and efficient. If the future includes Catalyst, Axon, Digital lighting, real time virtual programming, and level upon level of DMX universes; shouldn't we be very concerned about the platform on which all of this equipment will be controlled from?
    XP is on it's way out. It's only a matter of time until it will no longer be supported, or upgraded. All software manufacturers will be forced to jump on the Microsoft bandwagon with whatever the latest OS is.

I saw the writing on the wall when HOG PC was introduced. I knew Hog 2 was on the way out and all equipment along with it. Digital lighting. media servers and newer technology continues to shape our industry. Are we going to keep creating newer technology without thinking about the platform it operates on. What will we all do when XP does stop. DL2's are windows XP imbedded as is the Road Hog, and IPC.

As lighting designers and programmers, this is our means making a living. I update to new computers every 3 years to keep up with current technology. It's that time again and I need to know where all this is going.
    I really don't want to continue with PC because it's just getting worse. MAC is getting better and better.
    And the comment was made about Allien computers. It's not the hardware as much as it is the OS. Most PC's are ok. Mine are all DELL. it's the OS that is going to discontinue at some point.
  • Just to recap,

I have great success with XP with Hog PC. I have a little shuttle PC running 3 monitors, 2 playback wings, program wings, and super widget.
    One thing I don't do with the PC is connect to anything else. NO internet, NO networking other than to DL2's. This eliminates viruses and minimizes problems. I also run the system on my laptop with XP and with this PC, I get online and network while running Hog PC. I play games, surf the net and run the lighting program all at the same time with no problems.
    Here is the issue we all will be facing soon. XP will see the same fate as WIN 95/98/2000/millenium.
    If Vista is already problematic, then why migrate there? Recent history shows that MAC OS is more stable and efficient. If the future includes Catalyst, Axon, Digital lighting, real time virtual programming, and level upon level of DMX universes; shouldn't we be very concerned about the platform on which all of this equipment will be controlled from?
    XP is on it's way out. It's only a matter of time until it will no longer be supported, or upgraded. All software manufacturers will be forced to jump on the Microsoft bandwagon with whatever the latest OS is.

I saw the writing on the wall when HOG PC was introduced. I knew Hog 2 was on the way out and all equipment along with it. Digital lighting. media servers and newer technology continues to shape our industry. Are we going to keep creating newer technology without thinking about the platform it operates on. What will we all do when XP does stop. DL2's are windows XP imbedded as is the Road Hog, and IPC.

As lighting designers and programmers, this is our means making a living. I update to new computers every 3 years to keep up with current technology. It's that time again and I need to know where all this is going.
    I really don't want to continue with PC because it's just getting worse. MAC is getting better and better.
    And the comment was made about Allien computers. It's not the hardware as much as it is the OS. Most PC's are ok. Mine are all DELL. it's the OS that is going to discontinue at some point.
Children
No Data
Related