Palette Update Bug?

Has anyone had problems updating palettes via the auto-update box?

I've seen the problem a number of times and on several versions of software as follows:

(1) All parameters of lamp X are in one IPCB palette within running cue.
(2) Modification made to more than one of these parameters.
(3) Update key pressed, dialogue box displays options for cue or palette.
(4) Palette option selected. Cue option does not deselect, so is deselected manually.
(5) Update ok'd however not all parameters are updated into palette. (ie: modifications would be lost when clear pressed)
(6) Update key pressed again, palette selected, cue option deselects and update is sucessful.
Parents
  • Hi Brad,

Thanks for the response. I'm getting slightly desperate here. The issue is with comment macros when running timecode. Below is an email which I sent to Jens Hillskotter. I shall upload the show now on th uploader.

In short I run the main show on fader 10 (previously 8 on the hog2) and the media on fader 9 (prev 7). The two masters are kept in sync with comment macros but currently the commands from fader 10 seem to create the equivalent of a double hit of Go on fader 9. I have created some work rounds using the GM/XXX commands in many places but in places this fails to work as the GM/XXXX seems to have the effect of stomping the list which renders fades over fades useless.

I really hope you can help me with this. We are in rehearsals Wed/Thu/Frid and then the show goes off on tour on over the weekend. I currently have 3 separate productions of this show runnning (West End plus 2 European Tours ) and it may well expand further. 2 are on a Hog2 but I really want to move them over to H3 platform if we can solve this problem.

Below is email to Jens.

========================================
    Hi Jens,

I have some more questions / problems I am hoping that you can solve for me.

The show I am working with and transferring from Hog 2 to Roadhog Full Boar is a complicated show and though it does not have many fixtures the programming is very intricate.

On the Hog 2 I have implemented the system to work as follows.

On the template page I have:
    fader 8 (cue list) which controls the lighting.
    fader 7 which controls the media servers and
    fader 6 which receives the timecode.

The show is over 500 cues long and changes pages several times. All the controlling of the sequence of the show comes from fader 8 using comment macros. This is because it puts the show down to a one button operation. Fader 8 then drives fader 7 at the relevant cue points via the comment macros and changes pages and triggers chases etc etc. When there is timecode running fade 8 triggers a go on fader 6 which then listens for the timecode. Fader 6 then drives fader 8 using comment macros. I have achieved this very successfully with the HOG2. I know it all seems very complicated but if the timecode drops out for any reason the operator simply carries on pressing the go on 8 and the show does not suffer.

So..... moving to the Roadhog Fullboar.

I wanted to effectively setup the same system and it seemed this would be easy to do as from the specification the desk should be able to achieve this. However after playing with the desk and timecode I decided that I could simplify things by getting rid of the fader 6 and having the timecode values actually entered in the fader 8 cues. This is because of the enable timecode feature which could be macro triggered. So I entered all the timecode into fade 8 and discovered that the comment macros are unreliable when the cue list is being driven by timecode (MIDI). A simple GM7 command seems to send the media stack to any cue it likes rather than simply being the equivalent of just pressing GO on fader 7. This is also true of the GL commands. So I tried entering GM9/50 type commands to force it to the correct Cue point but this has the effect of stomping the cue list and losing rendering the intricate overfades useless.

I have also tried running from internal Simlulate Timecode to the same effect.

Do you know about these problems and is there a solution.

My criteria is that the show must be able to continue on a single Go button if timecode drops out.

Look forward to hearing.

Nigel.

==============================================
  • Hi Brad,

Thanks for the response. I'm getting slightly desperate here. The issue is with comment macros when running timecode. Below is an email which I sent to Jens Hillskotter. I shall upload the show now on th uploader.

In short I run the main show on fader 10 (previously 8 on the hog2) and the media on fader 9 (prev 7). The two masters are kept in sync with comment macros but currently the commands from fader 10 seem to create the equivalent of a double hit of Go on fader 9. I have created some work rounds using the GM/XXX commands in many places but in places this fails to work as the GM/XXXX seems to have the effect of stomping the list which renders fades over fades useless.

I really hope you can help me with this. We are in rehearsals Wed/Thu/Frid and then the show goes off on tour on over the weekend. I currently have 3 separate productions of this show runnning (West End plus 2 European Tours ) and it may well expand further. 2 are on a Hog2 but I really want to move them over to H3 platform if we can solve this problem.

Below is email to Jens.

========================================
    Hi Jens,

I have some more questions / problems I am hoping that you can solve for me.

The show I am working with and transferring from Hog 2 to Roadhog Full Boar is a complicated show and though it does not have many fixtures the programming is very intricate.

On the Hog 2 I have implemented the system to work as follows.

On the template page I have:
    fader 8 (cue list) which controls the lighting.
    fader 7 which controls the media servers and
    fader 6 which receives the timecode.

The show is over 500 cues long and changes pages several times. All the controlling of the sequence of the show comes from fader 8 using comment macros. This is because it puts the show down to a one button operation. Fader 8 then drives fader 7 at the relevant cue points via the comment macros and changes pages and triggers chases etc etc. When there is timecode running fade 8 triggers a go on fader 6 which then listens for the timecode. Fader 6 then drives fader 8 using comment macros. I have achieved this very successfully with the HOG2. I know it all seems very complicated but if the timecode drops out for any reason the operator simply carries on pressing the go on 8 and the show does not suffer.

So..... moving to the Roadhog Fullboar.

I wanted to effectively setup the same system and it seemed this would be easy to do as from the specification the desk should be able to achieve this. However after playing with the desk and timecode I decided that I could simplify things by getting rid of the fader 6 and having the timecode values actually entered in the fader 8 cues. This is because of the enable timecode feature which could be macro triggered. So I entered all the timecode into fade 8 and discovered that the comment macros are unreliable when the cue list is being driven by timecode (MIDI). A simple GM7 command seems to send the media stack to any cue it likes rather than simply being the equivalent of just pressing GO on fader 7. This is also true of the GL commands. So I tried entering GM9/50 type commands to force it to the correct Cue point but this has the effect of stomping the cue list and losing rendering the intricate overfades useless.

I have also tried running from internal Simlulate Timecode to the same effect.

Do you know about these problems and is there a solution.

My criteria is that the show must be able to continue on a single Go button if timecode drops out.

Look forward to hearing.

Nigel.

==============================================
Children
No Data
Related