Colour calibration

Hi,
I'm am putting a tour together that starts in April 2008 which is going to have either
Robe 700 (wash/spots) or
Martin 700 (wash/spots) as the main fixtures.

This tour is going to run for a while and i would like to program it so that when the fixture types change i can take advantage of the "change type" function to it's best ability within Hog III.
At the moment neither of these groups of fixtures are colour calibrated in the fixture libs.
What's the chances of getting one set of these fixtures(either robe or martin) added as colour calibrated so that the programming will change as accurately as possible.
I understand it's not crucial for the change type function to be have colour calibrated lights but i was always under the impression is was more accurate doing it that way,please let me know if i'm correct on this.

Any posts appreciated.
C
Parents
  • [quote=cormacjack]I understand it's not crucial for the change type function to be have colour calibrated lights but i was always under the impression is was more accurate doing it that way,please let me know if i'm correct on this.

Cormac,

The colours only translate seamlessly when you build everything in the HSI colour model, AND only if you are Changing Type to another colour calibrated fixture.

Otherwise you will still be able to change type, but you will have to go back and check all your colour palettes, etc, which is a good idea anyway.

Also remember that Slots only change over seamlessly if they have the same name, so checking your palettes that use colour slots is (again) always a good idea anyway.

[quote=bradpepe]We currently are working on restoring the color calibration

Very glad to hear this Brad!:)
  • [quote=cormacjack]I understand it's not crucial for the change type function to be have colour calibrated lights but i was always under the impression is was more accurate doing it that way,please let me know if i'm correct on this.

Cormac,

The colours only translate seamlessly when you build everything in the HSI colour model, AND only if you are Changing Type to another colour calibrated fixture.

Otherwise you will still be able to change type, but you will have to go back and check all your colour palettes, etc, which is a good idea anyway.

Also remember that Slots only change over seamlessly if they have the same name, so checking your palettes that use colour slots is (again) always a good idea anyway.

[quote=bradpepe]We currently are working on restoring the color calibration

Very glad to hear this Brad!:)
Children
No Data
Related