lots of questions

I finally got some time on a Hog 3, so now I can ask semi-intelligent questions :)

1) move when dark... fixture feature, or programmable into a cue? If so, how? I had one incident where i would have liked to move a par of VL2500s when dark

2) tap to time fades/cues/fx... is it possible?

3) fx spread... is that in the latest software? The offset feature is nice, but I was having to set the offset for every fixture individually... a spread command would do it automatically, like on MagicQ and Ma. (the console I was using ran an older version, not the latest upgrade, and it wasn't my responsibility to upgrade...heh)

4) macros, or preferences... I ended up going through and changing all the fader and bump button setups to almost the same setting, go off zero, release on zero, etc... Can a macro be written to do that for me, or is there a setting in preferences that would set it up like that for me?

that's a good start for now :):rtfm: (I did....LOL)
Parents
  • [quote=Tumbleweed]that answers most of them.

another... this particular board wouldn't load the interface without an installation CD in the drive... It would start the Hog software, but it got to the point where the mouse pointer is an X, and wouldn't continue. It wasn't crashed, since the mouse pointer would still move. The CD wouldn't eject unless the console was restarted.

Is this normal, too?

Absolutely not.

What software version are you running?

[quote=Tumbleweed]I shall have to ask S**** to upgrade their software before the next time they want me to use that console....

The current software is v2.3.1 build 1932...I would do a Full Install (.iso file) as opposed to the upgrade software to make sure all the proper driver versions are in the system, etc.
  • [quote=Tumbleweed]that answers most of them.

another... this particular board wouldn't load the interface without an installation CD in the drive... It would start the Hog software, but it got to the point where the mouse pointer is an X, and wouldn't continue. It wasn't crashed, since the mouse pointer would still move. The CD wouldn't eject unless the console was restarted.

Is this normal, too?

Absolutely not.

What software version are you running?

[quote=Tumbleweed]I shall have to ask S**** to upgrade their software before the next time they want me to use that console....

The current software is v2.3.1 build 1932...I would do a Full Install (.iso file) as opposed to the upgrade software to make sure all the proper driver versions are in the system, etc.
Children
No Data
Related