MACROS

Hi,

Are we any closer to getting HogII style MACROS implemented.....

.. as in a sequence of actions that the user can record, edit, and run...

D
Parents
  • Sadly - and you may call me an old cynic - but I think this time is almost upon us. The software will continue under the new guises, but the days of the Wholehog 3 are probably numbered. The last few months have seen more product releases for the RoadHog range - as has been discussed here, the Full Boar does everything the H3 does (bar a few cosmetic differences) - infact physically it does more (DMX ports out / Artnet etc) So why would a new customer go for the 3?

As Ross pointed out the constraints of the old platform will prove a hurdle to future development. After all, you're always having to make everything backward compatible.

So, you build a new product range - crucially without the Wholehog 3 monicker, because of bad press / reputation in the past ("isn't this a Hog 3? Oh no, no it's a Roadhog - built from scratch"). Add to it steadily and then retire the old product (which you effectively inherited). The Wholehog OS will survive - the hardware will not.

P
  • Sadly - and you may call me an old cynic - but I think this time is almost upon us. The software will continue under the new guises, but the days of the Wholehog 3 are probably numbered. The last few months have seen more product releases for the RoadHog range - as has been discussed here, the Full Boar does everything the H3 does (bar a few cosmetic differences) - infact physically it does more (DMX ports out / Artnet etc) So why would a new customer go for the 3?

As Ross pointed out the constraints of the old platform will prove a hurdle to future development. After all, you're always having to make everything backward compatible.

So, you build a new product range - crucially without the Wholehog 3 monicker, because of bad press / reputation in the past ("isn't this a Hog 3? Oh no, no it's a Roadhog - built from scratch"). Add to it steadily and then retire the old product (which you effectively inherited). The Wholehog OS will survive - the hardware will not.

P
Children
No Data
Related