MACROS

Hi,

Are we any closer to getting HogII style MACROS implemented.....

.. as in a sequence of actions that the user can record, edit, and run...

D
Parents
  • Hi Cormac,

I hadn't considered the IPc, but I guess at a push I'd say that it's in the H3 camp, and something that will gradually be phased out as well. The ability to run H2 is great, but HES no longer support H2 (and no longer build libraries). So, if you discount the H2 side - from a market standpoint, you have a console that runs H3, outputting DMX out of the console or can run DP's. Isn't this in competition with the Fullboar?

You said
    "I don't see how you can call the Hog III a flagship console when it does not have all the features of a newer console?"

and I wholeheartedly agree. I think my original point was that not only does the 3 not have the features of the newer console, its hardware will cap development at some point. If this weren't the case, I would have expected any new consoles to follow the styling of the 3 - rather than the introduction of a completely new (different design) range. Which to me at least, hints that the future of consoles at HES lie along the RoadHog range, and not the Hog3.

All this is pure conjecture of course. But as a H3 owner, I can understand Dan and nibors' ire.

However, going back to Dan's original post - I think the general issue is we still have an incomplete feature set, after 4 or more years; with regard to Macros, the console doesn't do things that it's predecessor did. Things are a lot better, but there are still issues with DP's, views etc. For example, I don't use external screens, as they slow the system down. There are still wierd UPDATE issues, and problems with calculating states.

Quoting Ross -

"How sales and marketing deal with this, whenever the time comes, is in my opinion critical, and something to be handled very delicately." Exactly. If existing owners feel that they are being neglected - whether this has any basis in fact or not - then their faith gets shaky. And that, in turn dictates any further investment or whether we look at alternatives.

P
  • Hi Cormac,

I hadn't considered the IPc, but I guess at a push I'd say that it's in the H3 camp, and something that will gradually be phased out as well. The ability to run H2 is great, but HES no longer support H2 (and no longer build libraries). So, if you discount the H2 side - from a market standpoint, you have a console that runs H3, outputting DMX out of the console or can run DP's. Isn't this in competition with the Fullboar?

You said
    "I don't see how you can call the Hog III a flagship console when it does not have all the features of a newer console?"

and I wholeheartedly agree. I think my original point was that not only does the 3 not have the features of the newer console, its hardware will cap development at some point. If this weren't the case, I would have expected any new consoles to follow the styling of the 3 - rather than the introduction of a completely new (different design) range. Which to me at least, hints that the future of consoles at HES lie along the RoadHog range, and not the Hog3.

All this is pure conjecture of course. But as a H3 owner, I can understand Dan and nibors' ire.

However, going back to Dan's original post - I think the general issue is we still have an incomplete feature set, after 4 or more years; with regard to Macros, the console doesn't do things that it's predecessor did. Things are a lot better, but there are still issues with DP's, views etc. For example, I don't use external screens, as they slow the system down. There are still wierd UPDATE issues, and problems with calculating states.

Quoting Ross -

"How sales and marketing deal with this, whenever the time comes, is in my opinion critical, and something to be handled very delicately." Exactly. If existing owners feel that they are being neglected - whether this has any basis in fact or not - then their faith gets shaky. And that, in turn dictates any further investment or whether we look at alternatives.

P
Children
No Data
Related