MACROS

Hi,

Are we any closer to getting HogII style MACROS implemented.....

.. as in a sequence of actions that the user can record, edit, and run...

D
Parents

• To quote from the specifications "The fade and delay times of the parameters within the cue designated as a mark cue shall be used when the fixture parameters move in black" so in other words any fixture can mark in any time, you simply change the cue time for that fixture.
    Personally I use this feature, and with Catalyst actually. I find it works well marking my layers ready for use. I did however request an enhancement which I hope is still under consideration for programming a fixture to ignore a mark cue, even though it’s at zero so that a deliberate live move could be performed as required where the majority of the cues fixtures would still automatically mark.
    I also love the fact that fixtures can mark as available depending on the out time of the previous cue.
    It would have been a shame to not implement this feature as it was one which was such a visionary one in its time in the previous product lines, a feature many other consoles indeed copied.
    It does not in my humble opinion make a case for or against macros however, which we all eagerly await also. I stumbled on a document I wrote in 2002 when we were on version 0.9 requesting enhancements and I’m pleased to say so many of these are in the release software today. I understand everyone’s frustrations with the features missing some of which work so well on other platforms, but personally I’m only interested in features which are 100% solid, and anything which would reduce the stability of the product now can wait until it’s ready.
    Regards Ross

• To quote from the specifications "The fade and delay times of the parameters within the cue designated as a mark cue shall be used when the fixture parameters move in black" so in other words any fixture can mark in any time, you simply change the cue time for that fixture.
    Personally I use this feature, and with Catalyst actually. I find it works well marking my layers ready for use. I did however request an enhancement which I hope is still under consideration for programming a fixture to ignore a mark cue, even though it’s at zero so that a deliberate live move could be performed as required where the majority of the cues fixtures would still automatically mark.
    I also love the fact that fixtures can mark as available depending on the out time of the previous cue.
    It would have been a shame to not implement this feature as it was one which was such a visionary one in its time in the previous product lines, a feature many other consoles indeed copied.
    It does not in my humble opinion make a case for or against macros however, which we all eagerly await also. I stumbled on a document I wrote in 2002 when we were on version 0.9 requesting enhancements and I’m pleased to say so many of these are in the release software today. I understand everyone’s frustrations with the features missing some of which work so well on other platforms, but personally I’m only interested in features which are 100% solid, and anything which would reduce the stability of the product now can wait until it’s ready.
    Regards Ross
Children
No Data
Related