(1949) Bug Report: Console will not restart after install of new build

Just started my console after installing the new build. I upgraded yeasterday and worked on the console. Shutdown overnight and this morning:( . I start up and I get the splash screens in the bottom left corner it shows probing disks. It goes away but I am stuck in the splash screen. HELP!

Hog3 console
2 dp2000
Parents
  • I was able to upgrade three consoles from 2.3.1 to 2.3.2 using the FPSPKG here in the test lab and they all boot under 60s on each try. Perhaps it is related to the number of show files previously on the disk or related to the upgrade cycles you went through (i.e. not having used an ISO for the last couple of upgrades) We feel 2.3.2 is a stable build, but it might be neccessary in some cases to back up your show files and do a complete image install on the desk to insure that the entire package is being installed correctly. I am still looking into this boot time issue and seeing what particular scenarios might cause such a long/failed boot after upgrade.
  • I was able to upgrade three consoles from 2.3.1 to 2.3.2 using the FPSPKG here in the test lab and they all boot under 60s on each try. Perhaps it is related to the number of show files previously on the disk or related to the upgrade cycles you went through (i.e. not having used an ISO for the last couple of upgrades) We feel 2.3.2 is a stable build, but it might be neccessary in some cases to back up your show files and do a complete image install on the desk to insure that the entire package is being installed correctly. I am still looking into this boot time issue and seeing what particular scenarios might cause such a long/failed boot after upgrade.
Children
No Data
Related