IPC Startup and monitor problems

Good Morning.

I own an IPC and just started having some issues that I hope you can help me with.

The problems started with version 2.3.1. I have since upgraded to 2.3.2 and the problems persist.

Here is what's going on.

The console will not start up unless I have the toggle switch turn on and then push the reset button on the back. Once I push the botton, the console starts up fine. I have to do this procedure each time I want the console to start up.

My second problem that just started yesterday, is that my right side monitor (monitor 1) isnot receiveing a signal when plugged into the main monitor port. If I switch the rgb connections between the two monitors, the problem switches to the other monitor, so it seems that the problem is with the main rgb port. When either monitor is pluged into that port, the signal led under the monitor stays yellow instead of turning green when a signal is being received.

I have opened the console to reseated the video card (which was already seated). In the monitor preference window, both monitors are recognized until I pull the rgb and USB cables.

I have a show that mounts on Sunday and would love to get an idea of what is going on and what I can try to solve the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Glen
Parents
  • Hey, Thanks for the quick reply. I got the monitor situation back online by resetting the bios settings. Brad Hayes sent me a tech bulletin so now the console operates like it should...except for the "turning on" I have always used the software to shut down the system. Since the console is also a rental unit, I cannot vouch for what others do, even with shut down instructions.

I was the last time to use the console and now when I just set it up yesterday, the start up issues came up.

I might try to change out the battery, but it's holding the time and date, so not sure if that is really the problem either.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Glen
  • Hey, Thanks for the quick reply. I got the monitor situation back online by resetting the bios settings. Brad Hayes sent me a tech bulletin so now the console operates like it should...except for the "turning on" I have always used the software to shut down the system. Since the console is also a rental unit, I cannot vouch for what others do, even with shut down instructions.

I was the last time to use the console and now when I just set it up yesterday, the start up issues came up.

I might try to change out the battery, but it's holding the time and date, so not sure if that is really the problem either.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Glen
Children
No Data
Related