Palette with time info only?

Is there a way to make a palette that stores only time information?

For instance, we have a wall lit with LED's and often when I program a color change I like to apply a fanned delay so that the color sweeps down the wall. It would be convenient if I could apply that with a color palette that is masked to only have time information.

I tried loading color and fade / delay times to the fixtures in the programmer then recording a color palette with only the time mask selected, but it didn't work.

Am I missing the trick or is this not possible?

Thanks.
Parents
  • Ross and Marty have the correct understanding.

The core philosophy with Wholehog consoles (even the Wholehog 2) is that timing must be associated with a parameter. You can not just have timing values. So this is why the suggestions have not been implemented yet. It requires a paradigm shift that is too great at this point in the development.

However that does not mean that we will not see timing only features. It simply means that we need to explore other methods to provide you, the users, with the functionality you desire.

We have logged these suggestions and are exploring methods to allow better timing controls.

thanks for your understanding,
  • Ross and Marty have the correct understanding.

The core philosophy with Wholehog consoles (even the Wholehog 2) is that timing must be associated with a parameter. You can not just have timing values. So this is why the suggestions have not been implemented yet. It requires a paradigm shift that is too great at this point in the development.

However that does not mean that we will not see timing only features. It simply means that we need to explore other methods to provide you, the users, with the functionality you desire.

We have logged these suggestions and are exploring methods to allow better timing controls.

thanks for your understanding,
Children
No Data
Related