Live Playback Advice

I recently took over running lights for a sports team on a HogIII. I had about 4 days of on the job training and have been trying out new techniques each pre-game and I have also been reading most of the threads here.

The current setup has gotten me stuck a few times where I could not get all the lights out quick enough before play resumed. The "hand me down" method I learned for creating different looks was to run a cuelist on a fader with a ballyhoo, can-can, etc... and then I select the lights from a palette and pick a new color, effect or gobo as needed. When I am done with that look, I bring down the fader to fade out the lights then I hit release and clear. However, about 25% of the time, when I bring down the fader, the look stays up (until I hit either release or clear) and it seems like the fader has lost control over intensity. Any clues to why the fader does this? I have tried pinning down exact keystrokes or cues that cause this, but I cannot find any pattern.

Additionally, since this method enters the edit mode, I asume that this is not the best way (or even proper way) to mix on the fly and I would be better off making seperate cuelists for colors, effects, and so-on. Does anyone have a reccomendation for setting up a board for the specific playback nature or a sporting event (Mainly quick releases and colors/effects piled on top of a ballywho type move)?

Thanks Much!

DJ
Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related