Changing Color spaces smoothly

HI folks:

I constructed an effect in the effect engine -- the ultimate goal is to have a group of my led lights cycle from red to orange and back over about 4 minutes. I made it happen by using rgba intensity in the effect engine. I set red to full, green, and blue to off and put a sine table on amber intensity -- it works perfectly, except when i try to switch back to Hue/Saturation color for the rest of things. When i switch it, it seems to have a "jump cut" today i can cover it under a prayer, but i want to know how to do it properly. either by constructing the effect in Hue/Sat, or how to do the transition properly. For our easter service next week, i am planning a couple of similar effects, where i transition between colors in a cycle, i'll be putting lots of time on the board this week, but i think its gonna look cool

TIM
Parents
  • Tim,

Unfortunately there is no good way to transition between colour spaces in cues... you really need to pick the colour space that is going to work best for your show overall an stick to that one only.

You could write an Effect in HSI by putting Saturation to full and set Hue to be the middle colour between the red and orange colours you want to move between. Then put a SINE on Hue and crank the size down to keep the movement between the colours you like. One thing to be aware of is HSI doen't handle Amber or White directly for LEDs that have them....it only uses RGB values, so you will see the green LEDs come on slightly to make the orange.

Hope this helps:)
  • Tim,

Unfortunately there is no good way to transition between colour spaces in cues... you really need to pick the colour space that is going to work best for your show overall an stick to that one only.

You could write an Effect in HSI by putting Saturation to full and set Hue to be the middle colour between the red and orange colours you want to move between. Then put a SINE on Hue and crank the size down to keep the movement between the colours you like. One thing to be aware of is HSI doen't handle Amber or White directly for LEDs that have them....it only uses RGB values, so you will see the green LEDs come on slightly to make the orange.

Hope this helps:)
Children
No Data
Related