Naming groups of desk channels by function

You can tell its production time when i start asking tons of questions :D

i have 60 desk channels spread between 4 dimmer packs. they are assigned to a lot of different things house lights, hallway lights, stage washes, various spots, specials on stage, etc etc etc.

is it possible to label my different channels by groups etc - in the output and programmer screens particulary. but also in the fixture button - for example -- i can hit a button to grab all of my ARC-R LED fixtures, it would be nice to be able to do the same to grab all the house lights etc

THanks

TIM
Parents
  • [quote=bellons]You can build custom fixtures for every kind of desk channel you have.
    for example you can build a custom "House Light" fixture with the fixture builder so that once pathced if you open the programmer or the output window they are kind of grouped.

Personally I would not take this approach at all:nono: The fixture builder is far too unstable at this point, and really should only be used when a profile simply isn't available, not just to give a custom name.....I have seen whole showfiles become terribly corrupted when someone did this with multiple fixtures simply to change the fixture's "name".

Building proper groups is the way to go. If you put them in "blocks" of user numbers it can help.

For example all your stage dimmers might be on the 1-99 range, all your houselights in the 901-999 range, all your left side LEDs 101-199 range, center LEDs 201-199 range, right LEDs 301-399.....etc, etc, etc....I also note everything in the fixture speadsheet in patch as well just as a habit.

The numbers will depend entirely upon your setup....and don't forget you can go in the 1000s if you need to.

Hope this helps:)
  • [quote=bellons]You can build custom fixtures for every kind of desk channel you have.
    for example you can build a custom "House Light" fixture with the fixture builder so that once pathced if you open the programmer or the output window they are kind of grouped.

Personally I would not take this approach at all:nono: The fixture builder is far too unstable at this point, and really should only be used when a profile simply isn't available, not just to give a custom name.....I have seen whole showfiles become terribly corrupted when someone did this with multiple fixtures simply to change the fixture's "name".

Building proper groups is the way to go. If you put them in "blocks" of user numbers it can help.

For example all your stage dimmers might be on the 1-99 range, all your houselights in the 901-999 range, all your left side LEDs 101-199 range, center LEDs 201-199 range, right LEDs 301-399.....etc, etc, etc....I also note everything in the fixture speadsheet in patch as well just as a habit.

The numbers will depend entirely upon your setup....and don't forget you can go in the 1000s if you need to.

Hope this helps:)
Children
No Data
Related