ipcb fader question

Say I record a cue with just gobo rotate at full speed on a fader and choose the IPCB option.

Whether the fader is up or down, when I press > the cue goes to full.

I want to be able to have the fader down, push > and gradually introduce the rotate (or whatever is in the cue)

Am I missing the obvious?

The way it's working right now...
Fader down, push >, cue goes to full, bring fader all the way up and then all the way down, then things work fine.

btw I'm working in v2.4.0
Parents
  • Sorry,not on a Wholehog. That really doesn't answer the why either.

Jon,
    For this situation, I don't want the flash button to play the next cue. That does get me to the next cue of course but again, its at full when you hit the flash button...as would be expected.

I too, had thought about using separate faders. That's the easy solution...if I had more faders.

BUT I cant get it through my thick skull why the IPCB option behaves as it does. Not logical.

If I have the fader down why would I want the cue to play at full??
    To me fader down translates to "I don't want to see this right now" (even if I hit >) If I want the cue at full I'll bring up the fader.

I'm curious to know the benefits of having the IPCB work as it is now.

Is my thinking just off track?

What are the pros and cons of having this option behave "as is" verses the way I think it should work?

Fire away......
  • Sorry,not on a Wholehog. That really doesn't answer the why either.

Jon,
    For this situation, I don't want the flash button to play the next cue. That does get me to the next cue of course but again, its at full when you hit the flash button...as would be expected.

I too, had thought about using separate faders. That's the easy solution...if I had more faders.

BUT I cant get it through my thick skull why the IPCB option behaves as it does. Not logical.

If I have the fader down why would I want the cue to play at full??
    To me fader down translates to "I don't want to see this right now" (even if I hit >) If I want the cue at full I'll bring up the fader.

I'm curious to know the benefits of having the IPCB work as it is now.

Is my thinking just off track?

What are the pros and cons of having this option behave "as is" verses the way I think it should work?

Fire away......
Children
No Data
Related