ipcb fader question

Say I record a cue with just gobo rotate at full speed on a fader and choose the IPCB option.

Whether the fader is up or down, when I press > the cue goes to full.

I want to be able to have the fader down, push > and gradually introduce the rotate (or whatever is in the cue)

Am I missing the obvious?

The way it's working right now...
Fader down, push >, cue goes to full, bring fader all the way up and then all the way down, then things work fine.

btw I'm working in v2.4.0
Parents
  • I remember I have had a discussion with Chris about this in some other thread. The reason was, I wanted to crossfade between IPCB faders. I wanted the value go the value given by the fader, when pressing the play. But the problem was the same as yours, IPCB and play works now the way like you said.
    I can somehow figure this is not an easy thing to implement. If we think a situation, where I have IPCB fader with gobo rotating 50rpm CCW and another fader 50rpm CW. It would really nice to change the direction just pressing play. But how would the desk handle this? There are a few ways how gobo rotate is done in fixtures and some are pretty tricky to abstraction layer. Easy one is where you have speed and direction in same dmx channel, but some fixtures have speed in one channel and direction in a another channel, like in Technobeam for example.
  • I remember I have had a discussion with Chris about this in some other thread. The reason was, I wanted to crossfade between IPCB faders. I wanted the value go the value given by the fader, when pressing the play. But the problem was the same as yours, IPCB and play works now the way like you said.
    I can somehow figure this is not an easy thing to implement. If we think a situation, where I have IPCB fader with gobo rotating 50rpm CCW and another fader 50rpm CW. It would really nice to change the direction just pressing play. But how would the desk handle this? There are a few ways how gobo rotate is done in fixtures and some are pretty tricky to abstraction layer. Easy one is where you have speed and direction in same dmx channel, but some fixtures have speed in one channel and direction in a another channel, like in Technobeam for example.
Children
No Data
Related