ipcb fader question

Say I record a cue with just gobo rotate at full speed on a fader and choose the IPCB option.

Whether the fader is up or down, when I press > the cue goes to full.

I want to be able to have the fader down, push > and gradually introduce the rotate (or whatever is in the cue)

Am I missing the obvious?

The way it's working right now...
Fader down, push >, cue goes to full, bring fader all the way up and then all the way down, then things work fine.

btw I'm working in v2.4.0
Parents
  • I think what is being desired here is valid and reasonable.

Currently when using IPCB Xfaders, pressing play will cause the console to unlock the fader level and play the next cue to its fullest potential.

As I understand it, the requested option here is to be able to be able to advance an IPCB cuelist via play while maintaining a maximum playback potential equal to that of the fader position. In other words the fader will not unlock.

In that case we are thinking more along the lines of the functionality of an i-fader which essentially "inhibits" the intensity of every cue in the list to level of the fader.

As Sami mentions we first confronted this problem when we first introduced IPCB cuelist functionality and unlocking the fader was the most stable and best working solution. When taking into consideration all the other cuelist options and playback preferences it can get a bit sticky when developing a feature like this because it also effects gotos, skip forward/back, release/assert behavior, and other items that have to fall in line to make it work consistently together.

I will log an enhancement and see if we can't get an option added keep the fader locked when playing/goto'ing/skipping/ an IPCB cuelist. We will of course have to solve the problem of making sure the appropriate Xfade is used to go from one cue to the next since our IPCB Xfader still has the ability to move during a Xfade which could cause some interesting issues when trying to calculate/re-calculate a smooth fade from one cue to the next while the fader is moving.

Logged as enhancement #11626
  • I think what is being desired here is valid and reasonable.

Currently when using IPCB Xfaders, pressing play will cause the console to unlock the fader level and play the next cue to its fullest potential.

As I understand it, the requested option here is to be able to be able to advance an IPCB cuelist via play while maintaining a maximum playback potential equal to that of the fader position. In other words the fader will not unlock.

In that case we are thinking more along the lines of the functionality of an i-fader which essentially "inhibits" the intensity of every cue in the list to level of the fader.

As Sami mentions we first confronted this problem when we first introduced IPCB cuelist functionality and unlocking the fader was the most stable and best working solution. When taking into consideration all the other cuelist options and playback preferences it can get a bit sticky when developing a feature like this because it also effects gotos, skip forward/back, release/assert behavior, and other items that have to fall in line to make it work consistently together.

I will log an enhancement and see if we can't get an option added keep the fader locked when playing/goto'ing/skipping/ an IPCB cuelist. We will of course have to solve the problem of making sure the appropriate Xfade is used to go from one cue to the next since our IPCB Xfader still has the ability to move during a Xfade which could cause some interesting issues when trying to calculate/re-calculate a smooth fade from one cue to the next while the fader is moving.

Logged as enhancement #11626
Children
No Data
Related