New release still not dealing with fade times

So, here we go again. We have anew release but everytime I update or record/merge a cue or string of cues in a cuelist the cuelist window time column freaks out and displays seemingly randon numbers, I've been here before with this issue and gotten no valuable response. Maybe Brad has some new news?

jb
Parents
  • Hey Jon and Brad,

Let me see if i can make this issue clear in words. Let's assume i have a cuelist with cues 1 through 10 already written and each has a global fade time which I have assigned and is viewable in the fade column in the cuelist window. (I work mostly in a theater environment, if that helps) I throw some stuff in the programmer and [record] [merge] [cue] [2] [>] [6] and turn off track forward for this action only. The times, as viewed in the cuelist window, now have what seem to be some random additions that were not there before i did the record merge function. These new times are separated by commas, as if i had gone into the time window and changed attribute or fixture times within each particular cue, which, of course, i have not. So now, if i run cue 2, and i decide i want to add 1 second to the fade time, i look a the fade column and see "2,4,3" (let's assume for the sake of this demonstration that the original fade time i designated was 4) I don't remember what the global fade time i assigned was so i can't just add 1 second. I have to open the time window for the cue to figure it out which takes way too much valuble programming time away from me when working on the fly with 100 people waiting for me to say "okay, we can go on."

Please help me!!! :dunno:

Thanks a bunch and i hope this is more clear than my previous post.
  • Hey Jon and Brad,

Let me see if i can make this issue clear in words. Let's assume i have a cuelist with cues 1 through 10 already written and each has a global fade time which I have assigned and is viewable in the fade column in the cuelist window. (I work mostly in a theater environment, if that helps) I throw some stuff in the programmer and [record] [merge] [cue] [2] [>] [6] and turn off track forward for this action only. The times, as viewed in the cuelist window, now have what seem to be some random additions that were not there before i did the record merge function. These new times are separated by commas, as if i had gone into the time window and changed attribute or fixture times within each particular cue, which, of course, i have not. So now, if i run cue 2, and i decide i want to add 1 second to the fade time, i look a the fade column and see "2,4,3" (let's assume for the sake of this demonstration that the original fade time i designated was 4) I don't remember what the global fade time i assigned was so i can't just add 1 second. I have to open the time window for the cue to figure it out which takes way too much valuble programming time away from me when working on the fly with 100 people waiting for me to say "okay, we can go on."

Please help me!!! :dunno:

Thanks a bunch and i hope this is more clear than my previous post.
Children
No Data
Related