Networking Hog 3 PC to Full Boar

I know this has probably been discussed in several incarnations but I can't seem to find what I am looking for.

I have Hog 3 PC running on my laptop and a Full Boar that I want to run as the master console/server for my shows. I want to be able to set up the PC in a different location to operate various aspects of the show to take some pressure off the board op. However, when I try to network the two, I cannot get either machine off of the loopback adapter. I have setup static IPs on both machines and everything else seems to match except for "console number" (I changed my laptop to console 2). I don't know what I am doing (wrong or right) to make this work. Any ideas, tips, tricks, etc? I am at a loss as to what to do next.

Thanks,
Eric
Parents
  • Since you are working on a network that most likely has a DHCP server, I would recommend setting both the laptop and your Full Boar to obtain their IP address using DHCP. This way we know they are getting compatable network addresses and can talk to each other. Other things to check are making sure the port number is set the same on both desks; also make sure that run server is turned off on 3PC on the laptop; and finally check that both the PC and Full Boar have the exact same software version.
  • Since you are working on a network that most likely has a DHCP server, I would recommend setting both the laptop and your Full Boar to obtain their IP address using DHCP. This way we know they are getting compatable network addresses and can talk to each other. Other things to check are making sure the port number is set the same on both desks; also make sure that run server is turned off on 3PC on the laptop; and finally check that both the PC and Full Boar have the exact same software version.
Children
No Data
Related