DMX Test??

I searched and found nothing so I'll throw it out there again. How hard is it to add the DMX test feature (just like Hog II had) to the Hog 3 software? We theater people are really upset about the lack of this feature. Having to patch a dimmer to a desk channel just to test a dimmer is time consuming and completely annoying. It almost seems that we have to waste time to circumvent the natural state of DMX signal just to send a signal to a dimmer. Please fix this... Please, Please, Please!!!!

John B.
Parents
  • Thx for the speedy reply guys, these are usefull suggestions, thankfully most venue's have a good lighting plot, so most dmx channels are clear. (of course I use different universes for "house"lights and my own rig, so patching is usually a matter of 5 minutes. its for the few loose dimmers on the floor (a range where its not clear which dimmer is connected to which fixture) where a dmx test is most usefull. But using an empty universe with a 1-on-1 patch is an excellent idea, you just switch the dmx connector to test with highlight!
    Joris
  • Thx for the speedy reply guys, these are usefull suggestions, thankfully most venue's have a good lighting plot, so most dmx channels are clear. (of course I use different universes for "house"lights and my own rig, so patching is usually a matter of 5 minutes. its for the few loose dimmers on the floor (a range where its not clear which dimmer is connected to which fixture) where a dmx test is most usefull. But using an empty universe with a 1-on-1 patch is an excellent idea, you just switch the dmx connector to test with highlight!
    Joris
Children
No Data
Related