DMX Test??

I searched and found nothing so I'll throw it out there again. How hard is it to add the DMX test feature (just like Hog II had) to the Hog 3 software? We theater people are really upset about the lack of this feature. Having to patch a dimmer to a desk channel just to test a dimmer is time consuming and completely annoying. It almost seems that we have to waste time to circumvent the natural state of DMX signal just to send a signal to a dimmer. Please fix this... Please, Please, Please!!!!

John B.
Parents
  • I know I have just posted about this elsewhere, but I have now found this dedicated thread for this topic so felt obliged to post again with my little story.

I have just opened a large show in a non English speaking country. Among having many moving lights, I also had over 200 dimmers in use, in a venue that had 400 dimmers available. Please imagine how time consuming not being able to quickly flash through dimmers was. Asking the local crew was difficult because of the language barrier. My DP8000 was rack mounted in the permanent operating position and I was at the production desk in the middle of the stalls connected by just ethernet, so quickly swapping DMX cables and patching a universe as 1 to 512 was not an option.

This really is a major frustration for me and it has been almost 2 years since the comment above from Brad. Please could we have an update, and hopefully a timeline as to when this will be implemented.

Many thanks

Colin
  • I know I have just posted about this elsewhere, but I have now found this dedicated thread for this topic so felt obliged to post again with my little story.

I have just opened a large show in a non English speaking country. Among having many moving lights, I also had over 200 dimmers in use, in a venue that had 400 dimmers available. Please imagine how time consuming not being able to quickly flash through dimmers was. Asking the local crew was difficult because of the language barrier. My DP8000 was rack mounted in the permanent operating position and I was at the production desk in the middle of the stalls connected by just ethernet, so quickly swapping DMX cables and patching a universe as 1 to 512 was not an option.

This really is a major frustration for me and it has been almost 2 years since the comment above from Brad. Please could we have an update, and hopefully a timeline as to when this will be implemented.

Many thanks

Colin
Children
No Data
Related