Whole Hog v Avolites

Hi All i'm new to the forum.

I first was going to buy myself a Whole Hog until i heard it was quite difficult to use but that was 8 years ago, so i bought myself an Avolites Pearl 2000. I am about ready to update/upgrade and was wondering if anyone can tell me more about using the Whole Hog to the Avolites?
Parents
  • I found the Avolite a lot easier to control in a live concert situation, over the hog3, more or less in a time crunch. I'm still new to both consoles, but I think the Hog is still easier to use and run after its properly setup and you have everything organized. But I'd been introduced to the Hog at my college, and went to the House of Blue in Chicago for a band I worked for. They had a Avolite Pearl 2000 too. I liked the ease of running the show on subs with the spinning wheel. Mostly because I like everything on seperate faders and I don't do cues for this band. So multiple faders and multiple pages that were smoother to change, at least in my opinion, are what really sold that console to me. But I've got a lot more time on the Hog now, so I'll stick to the Hog over the Pearl.
  • I found the Avolite a lot easier to control in a live concert situation, over the hog3, more or less in a time crunch. I'm still new to both consoles, but I think the Hog is still easier to use and run after its properly setup and you have everything organized. But I'd been introduced to the Hog at my college, and went to the House of Blue in Chicago for a band I worked for. They had a Avolite Pearl 2000 too. I liked the ease of running the show on subs with the spinning wheel. Mostly because I like everything on seperate faders and I don't do cues for this band. So multiple faders and multiple pages that were smoother to change, at least in my opinion, are what really sold that console to me. But I've got a lot more time on the Hog now, so I'll stick to the Hog over the Pearl.
Children
No Data
Related